West Humber River Recreational Trail

West Humber River Recreational Trail is a 11.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Toronto, Ontario, Canada that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, running, nature trips, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 11.8 miles Elevation Gain: 308 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Note: As of September 2019, trail is partially CLOSED due to overgrown vegetation.

Parking: huge lot Trail: paved 3m wide all the way. some playgrounds and workout stations along the way. Trail follows Humber river and close the neighbourhood backyards at times Scenery: bare. its winter. ducks and geese. hawk or two. nice park hike with multiple entry points. Notes: the western trailhead off Indian Line was closed with gate in middle of Friday.

bridge out

Trail was partially closed due to overgrown vegetation and partly unmaintained

Great trails!! Trees have over grown a bit...

some areas around corners are over grown..

slippery bridges when wet!

Great trail!

Such a nice trial to go for a bike ride on a nice day. Get to see the pretty river beside and many hidden trail exercise posts. Only bad thing is graffiti under the bridges. Other than that it’s very nice.

Rollerblading

Went rollerblading

amazing walk along water . minutes away from my house . will definitely going again .

Spent my summer 2018 visiting there frequently. Biking, taking my dog on a walk. View from the Dam top was amazing.

Mon Nov 05 2018

This is my go to trail, being minutes from my home. Ideal for walking, biking and inline skating in some areas. I've spotted many deer, hurons, egrets, cormorants, coyotes, rabbits, otters, beavers snapping turtles, toads and snakes over the years. Even in the winter, deer like to come out of the woods, so always have your camera ready. Photo opps galore.

Sun Oct 07 2018

I'm lucky that this is my everyday commute. Great for walking, biking and birdwatching.

Thu Aug 23 2018

nice ride

Mon Aug 06 2018

Nice paved trail. A little busy with bikers but they all seem to have bells so all was good. It was a hot summer day and there is not much shade. As I had my dogs we took a few trips down to the river to cool off. But I wasn’t able to go as far as I wanted. Will come back in the cooler weather for sure.

Wed Jul 18 2018

awesome app!!

Sat Jul 14 2018

It was our first trail in Toronto and we were pretty impressed. it's a long trail and lots of greenery and open spaces. perfect for cyclists and running. we enjoyed a long walk and had a picnic as well. the humber river runs by the trail and makes for some good pictures.

Sat Jul 07 2018

Just beautiful

Sun Jun 03 2018

So lovely. Many hidden gems along the water!

Thu May 24 2018

didn't realize how close I live to this trail and I really enjoy walking it. I think writing the Kms on the pavement is smart. I even had a chance to sit by the river and just enjoy a glorious sunny day in the city.

Mon May 14 2018

It's so long that you can literally find anything you're looking for. It's not so crowded so that's really nice. You go on the paved trail but you can explore all the mini trails encompassed within the path! Wildlife sighting is incredible here. Would come back to finish the rest of the trail!

Fri Apr 27 2018

I love this quaint and beautiful park. Lots of birds hang out in this park with a pretty river. Easy walk or run through the trail. Great to take your dog for walks.

Fri Jan 19 2018

Very easy walk, with many deer sightings in the early mornings. Plenty of birds, rabbits, and signs of beaver everywhere. Some noise from nearby highways, but for a city trail, the wildlife is impressive.

Sat Dec 02 2017

Lovely fall walking, benches along the way to stop for a break.

Tue Nov 21 2017

Nice to watch the salmon run.

Fri Aug 18 2017

well worth it you forget your in the city