Walter Bean Grand River Trail

Walter Bean Grand River Trail is a 17.7 kilometer out and back trail located near Cambridge, Ontario, Canada that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

17.7 km
417 m

Certainly long enough for a good backpacking tour . Really rustic tower , with bridges across both the river and the highway . Must have cost a fortune to build . Again I'm not sure what's with the people up here but they stare and whisper as you pass . One women kept turning and staring but never said a word . I guess real hikers don't frequent this trail or people get freaked about a real rucksack . Maybe it's the real hiker swagger and the cut of my jib , just kidding . Nice happy long trek so we just smile and wave ! K !

We walked from the parking lot on King St E to 5km in and back on a Saturday midday. Took us 1hr each way. Very peaceful and quiet once you get away from the highways, and we only passed 2 other people. Beautiful walk, a bit rocky and rugged terrain. Can't go further than about 2.5km in by bike or with a stroller, I'd say.
Overall 4 stars - for a good workout and peace and quiet.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Too close to houses and a bit too open.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

this is an easy hike with a lot of different scenery. Spend some time by the water and check out all of the birds around this area.

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Great trail, terrain is easy for walking or biking.