Learn more

Walter Bean Grand River Trail

moderate(81)
Homer Watson Park

Walter Bean Grand River Trail is a 10.8 mile out and back trail located near Cambridge, Ontario, Canada that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,387 feet Route Type: Out & Back

flooded

Probably a great trail in the summer, but not the spring :) very muddy in spots and eventually we headed back because the trail disappeared

some spots are rocky, some spots not, overall great walk!

awesome trail really enjoyed it

very nice scenery and stuff

we love this trail. There isnt alot of traffic, one end is very open with lots of sun and then the other is nice along the trees. good veiw of the river the entire walk. lots of wild life to be seen.

2nd half of leg is quite smooth, although there us a fair bit of rocks midway

Love this trail!

Somewhat muddy in the spring. Good views of the Grand River.

Mon Mar 18 2019

Great little trail, lots of active wildlife along the river; ducks, geese, ospreys's, deer, red foxes, owls can be seen quite frequently in these areas... I have posted a a photo of a winter scene I shot here this year!

Sun Mar 03 2019

Trail is not being maintained over the winter months, however with a decent pair of boots, the paths are no issue

Sun Jan 13 2019

Started at the golf course and walked to the tower.

Wed Nov 14 2018

To all the dog walkers out there using Walter Bean Trail, came across Coyote Scat this afternoon, close to pioneer tower. The brush is really over grown in parts which of course is fabulous to our non domestic four legged friends.

Wed Oct 31 2018

beautiful trail I have done it many times and have enjoyed each time

Fri Sep 28 2018

Love this trail, I hike it a couple times out of the week.

Sat Dec 23 2017

Great trail done it many time and love it every time.

Mon Sep 25 2017

Certainly long enough for a good backpacking tour . Really rustic tower , with bridges across both the river and the highway . Must have cost a fortune to build . Again I'm not sure what's with the people up here but they stare and whisper as you pass . One women kept turning and staring but never said a word . I guess real hikers don't frequent this trail or people get freaked about a real rucksack . Maybe it's the real hiker swagger and the cut of my jib , just kidding . Nice happy long trek so we just smile and wave ! K !

Sat Aug 05 2017

We walked from the parking lot on King St E to 5km in and back on a Saturday midday. Took us 1hr each way. Very peaceful and quiet once you get away from the highways, and we only passed 2 other people. Beautiful walk, a bit rocky and rugged terrain. Can't go further than about 2.5km in by bike or with a stroller, I'd say. Overall 4 stars - for a good workout and peace and quiet.