Track and Tower Trail

Track and Tower Trail is a 7.6 kilometer loop trail located near Nipissing, Ontario, Canada that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

7.6 km
243 m

46 minutes ago

Amazing winter hike. No need for snowshoes just a good pair of boots. The trail is packed down well, kudos to the people maintaning the trail. We did the full loop in a little over 3 hours.

Came here snowshoeing in the December. Beautiful trail that wasn't very busy. Must go to the top look out to make it worth it. Also saw a moose.

I arrived around 10am on a cold but sunny Saturday in January and the hike was wonderful. I only saw two other people the entire time I was there and they were just heading in as I was heading out. The waterfalls in the winter are amazing, and the lookout was quite nice as well.

Did this trail on a 2 degree day in January. Beautiful hike. Challenging up and downhill and the stairs to the lookout are a good workout. Would love to back in the early fall. It took us 2:45. Though it wasn't icy we wore icers and were glad to have the extra traction on the well trodden snow.

Fantastic views and waterfall, however the trail was quite muddy and hilly making it a little harder then expected. Would definitely visit again.

Amazing trail with lots of waterfalls and lakes and a amazing lookout..wow!!

Walk and learn

Great trail, saw 2 moose!!! Don't walk too fast and check around to see wildlife...

Another great trail. During the fall colour season it would be recommended to start early. The earlier you go the more "privacy" you will have. Not too much fun if you are sharing the vistas with a ton of other people. Weekdays are also better.
Hiking shoes and good physical state would be required for the cache lake lookout.
Enjoy

So I did this hike back on March 10, 2018 with my dog. It is an absolutely stunning trail, with several waterfalls. I would highly recommend it, and would definitely do it again! The entire thing took me about 3.5 hours, including a few breaks.
Advice for winter: this trail was CRAZY icy. I love to hike in solitude, and I went first thing in the morning in winter, so it was totally isolated with nobody else around. But there are several inclines along the trail that, with the snow having melted and re-frozen, were basically giant slides. Luckily nobody was around to watch me grabbing on to tree limbs for support! If you take this trail in the winter, be prepared for ice!

Not a bad hike but large volumes of people on it when we went. A couple very good viewpoints after many stairs.

Fabulous trail, a fall must. Gorgeous varied terrain, and always meet lots of Europeans enjoying the trail.

Today is Sunday, June 17, 2018. I arrived at the lookout point about a half hour ago and am embracing the breeze and the escape from the bugs! For all those hiking his today, your welcome for clearing the millions of cobwebs! lol. The hike is generally fairly tame, but the ascent to the lookout point is quite the chore! Especially the never ending staircase! All in all a good hike, will depart the lookout in just a few minutes for the last half.

This trail is quality for anyone who enjoys a little challenge, with incredible views. I believe it is best hiked in fall or late summer, to keep the bugs fewer and less intrusive. The fall offers stunning views of colourful Canadian forests.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Complete this trail with my wife and dog for 4 hours. Very beautiful view at 7 point. Forgot to open this App as it’s a new one in my iPhone.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Very good for me but my wife had a difficult time. Very muddy in a lot of sections. Lots of rocks and roots.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Gorgeous view! VERY muddy after rain.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Great trail, amazing view!

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Great views. A bit muddy after the nights rain but fun

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Great hike, marvellous view! A bit muddy today but that's to be expected with the rain.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Beautiful loop along lakes and through classic northern hardwood forest, hiked this mid April and was very icy and flooded, but in the morning there was no one else on the trail. The look out is halfway through and a very nice place for lunch. Highly recommend for families and a moderate length day trip. Took me 3 hours, but could take up to 5.