Track and Tower Trail is a 4.7 mile loop trail located near Nipissing, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.7 miles Elevation Gain: 797 feet Route Type: Loop

Great hike! Picnic at the lookout and few breaks for pictures and water. A few bugs in some sections but overall great conditions!

Great trail, not overly busy with everything going on. Easy to socially distance. Dam and old rail bridge tracks cool to see & a great lookout.

Great hike but the bugs were out in full force at the top

icy

We took our two dogs and we all really enjoyed the hike. It is icy so best to use cleats (you can get some in Dorset at the store if you didn’t bring any). The rapids and lakes are beautiful as is seeing the winter sun through the trees.

icy

Awesome hike but extremely icy. In a group of four we all fell at some point. Took us four hours to complete due to conditions.

Our Christmas hiking! The whole trail is just the four of us and our Golden Retriever. Creeks and lakes are beautiful. Some parts are very icy though.

Nice hike, not too crowded on week days this time of the year. Lot's of shade and easy to find your way around. The Lookout is worth the detour if you can make it up and down the ~200 steps. Took me less than 2 hours at 5km/h. Things to know before you come : You got to pay 18$ to have access to the park for the whole day

The trail during this time of year is magnificent! The Algonquin park trail guide says that it takes 4 hours to complete but with minimum breaks for resting and taking pictures we finished it in 2 hours and 45 minutes. Highly recommend the lookout but if you can’t go up around 200 stairs, leave it.

Great hike today! Couldn't have asked for better weather. Plenty of chipmunks and red squirrels. Also had a female grouse walk right across our path. Plenty of tree roots and rocks to watch for. Well marked trail. Would love to see mile markers more frequently to let you know how far you are. Not a trail for anyone that suffers from joint pain or that is inexperienced.

great place to see the colours while getting a good workout

Another great trail, a bit of mud but it's to be expected with all the rain we had. Highly recommend!

Great trail! Easy-Moderate difficulty. Pretty muddy at times but rained the previous day. Leaves were almost at peak. Need another week. Lookout was well worth it!

Loved this trail! Lots of challenges for me. Lookout point made all the work worthwhile. Colours are at their peak today. Lots of friendly people to take a picture for me. Love to try it again

9/27/2019 Cloudy After a few rains and heavy winds, some of the red leaves on the crown have fallen. The view from the top is good, but not as great as we wanted. That being said, most of the leaves in the woods are still green. 4 hours round trip per west gate brochure, but we rested, had lunch on the peak, and stopped a couple of time to take pictures, so it took us a total of 5 hours round trip. I noticed some people returned from original trail (1-6), but you could also continue from marker number 9, and return from designated return trail, where you can use bathroom.

A difficult but rewarding trail as you get so much variety in sights to see. Ponds, creeks, hills, lookout view, etc. Most of the trail is clearly defined but some of the parts post-lookout hill can be difficult to follow at times especially as soon as the sun starts to set. I’d add that since there is a lot of up hill walking involved on this trail, don’t underestimate the 7.6km! Would do again in early morning to hopefully see more wildlife.

Trail markings are hard to follow. Finding the lookout was confusing. We ran into people that were having the same problem - couldn't tell where they were around that lookout point. I wish I'd had this app at the time! Otherwise a very pleasant trail although dress for the mosquitos in August.

Great trail, great views with opportunity to add more distance

This was my first real hiking trail I did! deffinitely not for begginners but I pulled through it! lots and I mean lots of up hill and downhill, a tough hike! the lookout was beautiful tho and I loved the waterfalls. took me and my friends about 3.5 hours to do and we stopped alot to take pictures and water breaks!

Was an amazing hike! Took my boyfriend and I about 3.5 hours to do it. Highly recommend going to the lookout point. Such an amazing view! Bring some snack for a little break.

It's a pleasant and relatively easy trail to follow, with a nice overlook at the far side of the loop. Wasn't too busy and enjoyable overall.

Great trail with marvelous views of cache lake. The trail is up and down the whole way but would say no problem for the average hiker. There are lots of opportunities to shorten your route if you want to but I would recommend to do the whole hike so not to miss the view. Wonderful day to hike!

This trail was a bit tough, many trip hazards and narrow areas to navigate, but lots of great sites to see. Took about three hours to finish with going to the overlook area. Be prepared to climb about 120 stairs, give or take, to get there as well as natural inclines. The last leg of this trail is looonnnggg... when you think it's almost over, it's probably not. Great time though.