The Crack

The Crack is a 7.4 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Killarney, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

7.4 km
358 m

A good trail with unbelievable viewpoints from the top in Killarney, Ontario, Canada. From the parking area follow the red sign and after 1 km you will find the blue sign which navigates you to the top of the Crack. In first 1.5 km it runs through the woods and it is very buggy.

I really love going out to Killarney to hike this trail! Very beautiful at the top

Loved the hike to the top. Its a moderate to difficult trail in some places, however, the view on the top is amazing. Worth the hike!!

Nice trail with some difficult boulder hopping near the summit. We did this trail on a cool, overcast 64 degree morning. Loved it.

extraordinary
you need to be fit to do it
watch your steps on the rocks before reaching the peak

Trail is marked poorly. The couple that came back my way said they got lost too. It is a very challenging climb towards the end. Would definitely do it again.

Kids loved it ..Can't wait to do it again

a little tricky at parts but well worth the trip. will definitely come back.

My dad and I hiked this after a greuling day of canoing/portaging. We were already pretty beat, but saw the sign for a hike and thought "hey cool lets try it". We went up in our keen sandals and a nalgene each and had no idea how rocky it would be. Needless to say the advil went down easy that night!. I do recommend proper footwear (we were ok but barely), but probably the most beautiful hike ive ever done in Ontario.

Did this in the winter. Was amazing overall. Veiws were the best.

One of the most beautiful hikes I've had the pleasure of doing. It's challenging, but to get to the top of the Crack and see the view, it's rewarding