The Crack

The Crack is a 7.4 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Killarney, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

7.4 km
227 m

A good trail with unbelievable viewpoints from the top in Killarney, Ontario, Canada. From the parking area follow the red sign and after 1 km you will find the blue sign which navigates you to the top of the Crack. In first 1.5 km it runs through the woods and it is very buggy.

Awesome trail. Only gets a bit tricky as you start to ascend. The first bit isn't too bad but the last bit up
The crack is a little more rough. Amazing views at the top so worth it. Slippery when wet but those leaves on the ground are sneakier. Would not do this with children under 10. Says its dog friendly but the last bit would be less so.

One of my most favorite trails in Ontario. Definitely do it! The difficulty depends on your physical state. I hiked it with my 10 year old daughter and she didn't think the hike was challenging.

Hiked twice with my mastiff this year! What a great trail with beautiful views

Beautiful, would go again and again ♡

my family hiked the crack. very hard but beautiful views. We left early a.m and hiked all day. we packed a lunch,drinks,first aid. we hiked it once with our 12 year old, very hard for the kids. dogs are aloud but on leash. also you half to pay for parking. It is a great hiked but defenetly all day for a family. very busy during the weekend even during the week popular place. ppl were somewhat friendly passing by and shared the path once we got to tight spots. very fun defenetly a good work out but you'll sleep good when home! I reccomend doing some stretchs prior to hike and afterwards. bring your camera! proper shoes needed. rocks are slippery! took us from 11am to 6pm hiking at a steady pace.

Easy at first then proceeds to get a little more difficult with the climbs. Beautiful hike that takes about 2 hours each way. Would not recommend going after any rainfall as the rocks can be quite slippery!

Beautiful easy until the end when you have to scramble to the top. Forth the effort

great trail with a couple of challenging spots. At one point I went off trail a bit and my dog fell off a ledge (he was unharmed thank goodness), so be careful with your four legged friends.

Very fun and challenfing hike. Bit of scrambling near the top. Beautiful views and lots of space at the lookout!

The view at the top is amazing. Must do again in the Fall.

Easily one of my favorite hikes in Ontario. The view from the top is breathtaking!

A must see and do in Killarney . Amazing views from the top .

Parking was 14$ which was a drag but the trail was beautiful. The path was smooth for about 2km then the incline started. Half way point was nice rest area then going up to the top was very rocky not good for large packs. Views from above were great, you could see 2 lakes and the trail up.

I really love going out to Killarney to hike this trail! Very beautiful at the top

Loved the hike to the top. Its a moderate to difficult trail in some places, however, the view on the top is amazing. Worth the hike!!

Nice trail with some difficult boulder hopping near the summit. We did this trail on a cool, overcast 64 degree morning. Loved it.

extraordinary
you need to be fit to do it
watch your steps on the rocks before reaching the peak

Trail is marked poorly. The couple that came back my way said they got lost too. It is a very challenging climb towards the end. Would definitely do it again.

Kids loved it ..Can't wait to do it again

a little tricky at parts but well worth the trip. will definitely come back.