The Crack

The Crack is a 4.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Killarney, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A good trail with unbelievable viewpoints from the top in Killarney, Ontario, Canada. From the parking area follow the red sign and after 1 km you will find the blue sign which navigates you to the top of the Crack. In first 1.5 km it runs through the woods and it is very buggy.

a little tricky at parts but well worth the trip. will definitely come back.

My dad and I hiked this after a greuling day of canoing/portaging. We were already pretty beat, but saw the sign for a hike and thought "hey cool lets try it". We went up in our keen sandals and a nalgene each and had no idea how rocky it would be. Needless to say the advil went down easy that night!. I do recommend proper footwear (we were ok but barely), but probably the most beautiful hike ive ever done in Ontario.

Did this in the winter. Was amazing overall. Veiws were the best.

One of the most beautiful hikes I've had the pleasure of doing. It's challenging, but to get to the top of the Crack and see the view, it's rewarding

amaizing hike and view :-)

A+ I try to do it every year, epic view from the top.

easy flat walk at first, and then a steady uphill climb for a couple of kilometers... but so incredibly worth it!!!

Very close to Carlyle road 7km from the main gate heading East youll see 2 red posts. This is your entrence to the hike. There is a sign 1.5km in that says 2km to top it is more like 2.5km and the sign that says 1km to trail head is 1.5km to trail head. I gpsed it at 8km round trip

The hike starts very simple for the first 2.5-3km the last 100-200m I'd grade as a class 2-3 scramble and I would not suggest on a raining day. Experienced hikers can do round trip in 2 hours with water breaks and a nice little snack at top. Would not recomend for those afraid of heights

Monday, May 23, 2016

We did the Crack then La Cloche, then we went to Little Superior Lake, we left the parking at 9:30 and arrive to the Little Superior Lake at noon (no long breaks) we were absolutly alone on all the trail (except the first part to the Crack which is The main stream trail in this Park) but after that : nobody!
Great views, landscape, wild animals... Perfect!
we spend a few time on the Lake. I drunk Lake water because we had not enough for the way back (very good water and no stomach ache)
the way back was the same except for the part from the Crack to the parking which was crowded sadly.
so The Crack yes but start as early as you can and continue to the Little Superior Lake otherwise you will miss the best.

Saturday, April 16, 2016