Thames Valley Trail Loop

Thames Valley Trail Loop is a 7.7 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near London, Ontario, Canada that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

Distance: 7.7 km Elevation Gain: 101 m Route Type: Loop

We completed this in 2:14 (taking our time - no rush). Wonderful scenery and lots of wildlife! We went a day after a very heavy rainfall. It was moderately muddy in some spots, but lots of trees kept most of the trail from becoming saturated. Loved the trail! Gets more challenging in some spots. Great for all levels of fitness.

Nice trail. Fairly flat and easy. Saw multiple deer, cranes, and heard some coyotes in the distance.

Love this trail! Would recommend going when it’s dry because it does get muddy. Fairly easy path, with stairs and ropes when needed

Lovely hike, but muddy after rain or snow but overall beautiful place

Variety of terrains good hiking. Some narrow sections. Would recommend poles and icers if it's been cold and snowy.

Love this trail! One of the best London has to offer

one of most beautiful trails in London Area. Surprised, I saw three little snakes within two trips in fall.

Really nice trail but only road parking.

My favourite trail to run and hike in the area. Well groomed for the most part with some wildlife perks every so often.

Lovely trail! As others have mentioned, the down side is the long walk through the suburbs, back to the parking. We have done it two other ways: one where we turn around after an hour or so to walk back through the forest, the other where we have left our bikes at the other end to bike back to the car. Both worked great!

Great trail, maybe my new favorite in london. Well kept trail. However there is no designated parking, and the long walk back to my vehicle. Will hike here again

Very nice trail. Width of the trail varies greatly, but elevation changes keep the trail very refreshing.

Lovely trail. Very shaded. Easy except does have quite a few hills. I did what one other reviewer said, which was turn around when the trail popped out of the woods. Make for just over 12km, took about 3 hours.

Great trail. Only sad part was the long walk back to my car!

Sunday, June 03, 2018

Say a couple coyotes in there today but otherwise it's beautiful,

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Amazing trail. So beautiful and peaceful, highly recommend!

Sunday, April 29, 2018

First time for my Golden and I. Great trail. Friendly people and friendly dogs. Wish I had this app and iPhone with me!

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Great trail in the North end of the city. There is some mud & a bit of brush covering the path, but considering this was the first nice weekend of the year it was phenomenal! We saw some others on the trail, but unfortunately not much wildlife this time around

Monday, April 02, 2018

We love this beautiful trail beside the river and can’t wait to see it change with seasons. The only disappointment is the final kilometre through the neighbourhood on the sidewalk. Next time, we’ll turn around at 5 km and head back the way we came for a 10 km hike. Other than that, it’s perfect!

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Fantastic trail along the river for all season hiking. I see deer quite often, and it's usually not too busy. It's a nice hidden gem in London!

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Nice trail along the river. Wouldn't recommend taking a small dog as there are coyotes (any time of day)

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Dears are often running around in the woods.

Thursday, October 05, 2017

Very nice hike, not very challenging.