Springwater Provincial Park Loop Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(54)
Springwater Provincial Park

Springwater Provincial Park Loop Trail is a 4.5 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Springwater, Ontario, Canada and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.5 km Elevation Gain: 96 m Route Type: Loop

fee

Parking fee $11.25

Good easy flat trail.

Lovely trail, can be muddy in section. Trail line (dashed line) on the AllTrails App is of the roadway access only. Refer to pic attached for trail map.

One of my favourite trails in this area. So pretty and a few different trail options. Very scenic.

I have been hiking here weekly for 20 years. There is option at PAY for 2 hour pass for $3.00, the $11.50 is all day. This is a Provincial Park after all & you have to pay entry all all Provincial Parks! Walk my dog , always quiet. Some trails on west side of park always wet, as natural springs & marsh land all around, hence the name Springwater PP (for all the natural springs throughout park). There are trail maps on posts at each trail intersection and trail head (last parking lot- lot 5). Take photo of map if required. Another idea is I purchase a yearly pass through Ontario Parks, giving me access to any Provincial Park in Ontario daily & no fee. It was $175.00 last year.

fee

I strongly believe in paying for the use of park, but not $11.25. At the front of the park there wasn't a map to the trails so I parked in second parking lot and started for a walk with my dogs. The first trail was ok but was walking for along time before coming up to another arrow pointing left or right. Got back to my car and headed home. I noticed the only sign for trails and it's the same height as me 5.5 feet. I had to take a picture of it so I can read it. The park needs to lower the pole so we can read it and put the map at the front and not at the 5/6 parking lot. Well I walked the purple trail and was a lot of mud but thats natural. The park is very clean seen no garage anywhere and the trails are nice and wide. Overall good work for keeping it clean.

Did the 5K loop yesterday with my puppy and a friend with her doggie. we really enjoyed it! yes it was a bit buggy and some points a bit boggy but nothing that shouldn't be expected! Only real drawback is the pups came back covered in little green sticky burrs, didn't see where they picked them up so that was a bit of a pain but again, to be expected when hiking in a bush. I bought a provincial park pass earlier this year which makes it much more affordable. Will go back for sure!

So much potential but clearly not managed properly. Paid $11.25 to be told by the "park ranger" that I cannot park next to the pavilion, other cars were parked there (rangers family /group) . wanted to enjoy the hiking trails, and kids park with my 2 year old.also wanted to support the park as I read it's been in decline over the past few years . not sure who wants to park almost 500m away from the park area when you have bbq , cooler and other items when there is clearly parking beside the park and pavilion. Will definitely not be going back there to spend the day , ok for the hiking trails if you dont plan on staying to have a picnic.

Decent flat trail with a few inclines and declines. The backside isn’t traveled much so you will want proper hiking footwear. 10% is mud so no runners.

We hiked the 5km trail - Two negatives: very very wet and muddy in some parts of the trail. And you have to pay for the parking. Had the trail not been so muddy it would have been absolutely lovely!

Mon May 20 2019

Beautiful hike on the red (5km) path. This trail was easy for the most part. Approximately 2 km of the trail along the Wilson Road portion was very boggy and wet. It made the trail much more difficult and possibly inaccessible for some. Beautiful scenery, well maintained and benches throughout (unexpected). Only real drawback was the amount of noise from roads and trains. Thanks to previous post that warned of the parking fees (11.25). We really enjoyed the trail and will be back.

Sat May 11 2019

Would classify more as intermediate level but a fun challenge!

Tue May 07 2019

A nice trail. Possible to use your mountain bike as well. Good grounds for picnic or bbq. I do wish it was still operating as a provincial park, loved coming here back in its hey day.

Wed May 01 2019

Not too interesting in my opinion, but the path was pretty straight forward and easy for my dog to stay on without a leash. Other than having to pay for parking I enjoyed this hike.

Sun Mar 31 2019

Sun Nov 04 2018

My first time ever going to this trail and I loved it. Beautiful and very easy with stunning fall colours and views. Anyone will be able to complete this trail.

Thu Feb 22 2018

A lovely day. A lovely sunset through the trees. Incredibly icy due to the thaw freeze thaw freeze rain thaw freeze of the last few days so take cautious steps or bring crampons! Lol. Definitely pricy to park as someone said but it’s $11, a great cause and supports the great people of Christian Island/Beausoleil Island FN who keep this trail open for our enjoyment! Thanks you guys! Think I’m correct about that!? Lol.

Sun Feb 18 2018

Very nice trails. A little more “people-y” than I prefer and you can hear the traffic from the nearby highway. Nice wide trails, streams and scenery. Very enjoyable!

Mon Nov 06 2017

Nice quick hikes. The best part is the spring itself with the rare algaes with very cool colours. Hikes are short and quick.

Mon Mar 20 2017

Easy hike, very peaceful. Trails not well maintained in the winter so wear some good sturdy waterproof shoes.

Sun Feb 19 2017

Great family walk!

Sun Nov 06 2016

A picturesque scenic park with trails of a good length and varying conditions. The red trail was quite wet and soggy in parts. Some of the boardwalks in those locations could be maintained better than just slippery logs places across the trail. Overall a good experience but the parking fee of $11.25 was a bit high

Wed Sep 28 2016

After I found the trail it was a really good hike. My dog and I loved the trails.

Mon May 30 2016

I had a race here once it was a good trail. A little dusty though so make sure I rains before you go

Mon May 23 2016

clean, flat paths, easy walking, great for dogs, wasn't crowded at all. nice grassy areas for picnics or sun. very green and we'll taken care of. paid parking.

Sun Mar 27 2016

Easy trail but very pretty diverse forest on Green trail. Did with snow on ground. Will be nice to go back and see it when things start to bloom.