Slide Lake Short Loop

Slide Lake Short Loop is a 12.9 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near South Frontenac, Ontario, Canada that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options.

12.9 km
182 m

it was a very fun trail. you never saw the same sort of area twice. from rock cliffs to crossing swamps on large logs. I will definitely be going back!

This was a phenomenal trail. Ups, downs, mud, rocks, streams, waterfalls. It has it all! I wore my Fitbit and from the trail entrance where I parked my car it’s actually just over 15km to do the trail TO the loop and back. My only complaint is that sometimes you get arrow after arrow after arrow and sometimes you really have to search where your going. But now that I’ve done it once it should be easier to navigate a second time.

I’ll be back for sure! Highly recommend for people looking for a good, tougher trail to walk.

Challenging trail, with lots of scenic views, waterfalls, and beaver dams to look at. We saw quite a few snakes, a beaver, a white tail deer and a painted turtle. The trail is rather buggy when it dips down between rock cuts. Lots of elevation changes, a total of 89 flights climbed as per my Health iPhone app. The dogs really enjoyed this trail as there were lots of areas to cool off in the water.

Love this trail. Great for a day hike but offers more challenging conditions than your average walking trail in the province. Wish I could find more trails like this one (outside of Frontenac Park)

Saturday, June 24, 2017