Silent Lake Provincial Park Loop Trail

Silent Lake Provincial Park Loop Trail is a 13.8 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Highlands East, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 13.8 km Elevation Gain: 386 m Route Type: Loop

beach

Open during May - October and December - March (Closed April and November) Check Ontario Parks/Silent Lake Provincial Park website for exact dates of openings and closings as this slightly changes year by year.

Well marked trail + good options for different trail lengths. We did about 9/10km in 2.5 hours including the Bonnie Pond Trail. We were a group of 8, visited on thanks giving weekend, and saw lots of other groups. A great option for families!

Great trail with the first half having good water views. Back half of the trail not as scenic. Took us 5 hrs with a picnic lunch.

trail calls 15km not 13.8. took 4hours 20 mins didnt see another soul.

Beautiful trail, well marked. You can see the lake from a lot of the trail. Great for fall colour. We did the trail to Bonnie’s pond, did the loop and doubled back to parking lot about 11kms. Clean modern washrooms.

Camp ground side of the trail ( the beginning is beautiful- lots of lake views. Some rocks and a little hard to follow once we turned around at 6km. Tons of bugs in one low lying part. Originally we wanted to hike it backwards, but the ranger we spoke to didn’t recommend that due to signage.

Nice trail, but very slippery in the rain. more wooded than I expected, fewer lake views

Nice trail. A lot more to n the woods/less lakeside than I would have suspected. Bugs were pretty awful, but that’s expected for July. No real spots to spot between 5-11km.

Just did the 19km mountain bike trail (double track trail).. I loved it except that I got lost twice because the trail was cut by small swamp of mud and I need the walk the bike around. I suggest you bring BEAR SPRAY just in case... Bear paws are every where trails..

A long but satisfying hike. Campground side is the most interesting and less buggy with a lot of water access for dogs. The other side is mostly forest walking.

bridge out

This area has experienced a lot of rain over during this spring. Trail had washed out and very muddy areas. Bugs were terrible but to be expected. The trail was still very good and challenging for my level of experience

Great trail. Creek crossings still quite muddy. Otherwise OK. Black flies are just starting to be annoying.