Sheffield Conservation Area Loop Trail

Sheffield Conservation Area Loop Trail is a 4.7 kilometer loop trail located near Stone Mills, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.7 km
79 m

Area was good and the trail quite well marked. Although the map as found here is not consistent with the trail marks. I am wondering if the trail has been changed since this map was uploaded. I became confused and didn't end up doing the proper loop. I still managed a solid 5.6 km hike but I will be returning to do the proper loop. The part of the trail that I did do was really great also a nice boat launch available.

Nice hike and reasonably well marked by blue paint on rocks. Some places need to step carefully due to rocks and low cut shrub roots etc. Took a tumble on one and make me think they should trim these to ankle height.

Great trail...there's a nice spot halfway thru to stop on a rock and enjoy the view...

I've gone here so many times and it always brings me peace. I love the views on top of the big rocks, the picnic area is great for gatherings and there's a boat launch/beach area that we always buzz around in. Love it. One of my favourites and so close to home!

Enjoyable trail, especially beautiful this time of year. Can't seem to complete the loop due to loss of trail. But I write to caution the # of ticks. Attempted south portion of loop and within 30min we were covered in ticks. 20+ on each of us. Heads up.

Great terrain, beautiful views, fairly lengthy for noobs.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Love it here. Nice trail. Not to hard. Some steeper areas but overall fairly easy.

Friday, November 08, 2013