Rockhopper Trail

Rockhopper Trail is a 2.9 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2.9 km
35 m

Cute little forest hike. Veryyy easy and quick. Shorter than you’d think. We loved that it’s dog-friendly, but wish we’d tacked on a longer/harder trail for hiking (this loop is a walk, not a hike). Beautiful scenery :)

Awesome trail. Rockhopper lives up to its name. Klondike part is easy but the Rockhopper part has lots of rocks and roots. Even some small inclines and declines. I got turned around a bit when I wa going back to the Klondike Trail so I did a bit extra. Rockhopper even goes by a pond at point. Great trail!

Nothing wow but pleasant enough trail. Very flat and new growth mixed forest.

Two things stand out: the lake is pretty impressive considering this is a lake smack near the Kanata suburbs; the portion of the trail near the "North Dogsled" intersection is a lot rockier and more hilly. I would give that part 4 stars.

The area seems mostly promoted as a place for mountain bikers (there were lots of fat tire cyclists when we went) but we saw lots of walkers too.

We found street parking off 2nd line road. There are a couple of entrances.

Lots of red squirrels!

Monday, September 04, 2017

Definitely not an "easy" trail for trail running. Rather technical with many roots, rocks, and sometimes mud. It's called "Rock Hopper" for a reason. Lots of fun, but stay alert!