Rock Dunder

Rock Dunder is a 3.7 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Seeleys Bay, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3.7 km
75 m

private property

The property is open sunrise to sunset from May 15 - Nov 15 of each year. Use of the property outside of these times or without a Day Pass is trespassing. Access to the park requires either a "day pass" or a "season pass". Information on Supporter Passes is available on the website at www.rwlt.org. Passes can be purchased online. A soaring lookout over the Rideau Waterway, and a local landmark for generations. Well-marked trails through mature woodlands, following shorelines and finally climbing to the rocky summit. Part of the Rideau Waterways Land Trust, trail development and maintenance by the Rideau Trail Association. This magnificent site was owned for generations by the Boy Scouts of Canada. In 2005 it was purchased by the Rideau Waterways Land Trust and is now available for hiking through their kindness.

Rock Dunder is a spectacular place and a wonderful hiking destination. It is a Nature Reserve and privately owned by the Rideau Waterway Land Trust. A $10 Supporter Day Pass is required to use the trails. Please visit the Land Trust website, www.rwlt.org for information on obtaining passes. Passes are required whether or not there is an attendant on duty. The property is open sunrise to sunset, from May 15 to November 15 of each year. Use of the property outside of these hours, or without a Day Pass is trespassing. Please respect these rules and keep the Rock Dunder trails open to the public.

This hikes view was just breath taking. So beautiful and well worth the hike. My only complaint is that the hike itself is pretty easy, not sure if it should say moderate, at no point was I even starting to lose my breath. It’s a great hike if you’re looking for views and something easy but still around two hours. Also not sure about where people are having to pay 10$ for the hike? I got to the parking off of highway 15 and there was no indication of having to pay, I went on a Wednesday.

We did this walk today with some small dogs, a three year old and a five year old. It took just over two hours with a ten min break at the lookout. It was quite busy and well worth the ten dollar fee. Overall a lovely walk. Clean no litter, friendly hikers and a good length for a family before going home for a Sunday roast. Highly recommended.

This hike is fairly challenging. The full summit loop is actually 3.9 km and features some difficult terrain in spots. In some places you have to climb rocks. We brought my 5.5 month old lab puppy, he loved the adventure. There were some places that were too vertical of a climb for him up the side of rocks, we’d have to have one of us go up and the other lift him up for that person to grab him. I suggest if you bring your dog, also bring another person. Great view at the summit, it was nice to see the fall colours. The hike took us about 2.5 hours which included about a 20 minute rest at the top to take in the views.

Easy path, finding parking can get tricky, but as the leaves change colour this is the perfect activity to do during thanksgiving! The views at the top are worth packing a sandwich and having lunch there!

I've hiked all over the place, and this is still one of my all-time favourite trails!! Fairly easy-going, well signed trail, with tons of forest views, rock faces, water-adjacent paths, and the most amazing Lookout one could ask for, of the river running through the forest. Unfortunately is costs $10 to park as of this year, but bring a carload of people and a picnic, and it is well worth the price for this great hike. :)

Nice hike with a nice view but not sure if it's worth the 10$ fee they charge per car which I also hadn't expected.

Awesome hike!! may be challenging for some people but worth it for the view.

My favourite trail so far in this area!

Beautiful view from the top, but very muddy in areas and do not forget insect repellent.

great easy hike. if you are from pa my order nj this is like walking a paved path with speed bumps. great views but be wary of the black flies. there are parts that are muddy.

Beautiful spot and views!
Just an FYI- you now need to pay to use the trails

Great hike. Beautiful sights. Bring lots of water.

My 8yr old son and I did this trail for the first time today. Great varied turf and elevation with beautiful vistas...was a bit muddy and wet coming back once down off the highland but we had fun. Bug spray is a good thing to have.

A really great trail. Easily can spend half a day or longer their. Amazing views and moderately challenging. Can't wait to take my boys their.

All info regarding passes can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1679673025674426&id=1672193249755737

Very nice hike! I was here on May 30 and the skeeters were
super bad, I would seriously suggest lots of bug spray!

Awesome hike. And a great view at the end. I would definitely do it again

Thank for your correction re:my review, yes we discussed with them about it; that they should not have just walked past even though others were, but they did apologize, and said it will not happen again.