Osprey Heights Trail

Osprey Heights Trail is a 4.0 kilometer loop trail located near Sudbury District, Ontario, Canada that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4 km
162 m

It was everything I expected it to be. I wouldn't call it "easy" as I definitely wouldn't be bringing my 60 year old mother but if you are healthy and fit with good shoes then it is a wonderful place to be. I had to move a little more slowly as I'm a faller and wasn't wearing hiking shoes and I was still done within the 3 hour mark. I saw some Snowy Woodpeckers, Ruffed Grouse, Chickadees, and squirrels but no large animals, which I wasn't expecting anyway. I will definitely be going again. Also, this was the best marked trail I have EVER been on...I noted allowed, to myself, repeatedly.

lots of trees over the trail, slippery, lots of up and downs. but very nice trail. the moss can be slippery. seen some birds, and a racoon. dog friendly! easy trail just lots of up and downs, the trail is marked

This loop trail is over 6km. The trail rises quickly at the beginning and is a lot of up and down throughout. It is a nice hike but not an easy flat hike.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Average hiking trail. You can see where the tornado left some damage. Many trees covering the path but still maneuverable.

Sunday, July 31, 2016