North Simcoe Rail Trail

North Simcoe Rail Trail is a 24.1 kilometer point-to-point trail located near Springwater, Ontario, Canada. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Horses are also able to use this trail.

24.1 km
428 m
Point to Point

rails trails

Nice trail that meanders along an out of service rail line. I have heard that bears have been seen in the area of the Fort so might be an idea to wear bells or have spray.

Really good trail. Peaceful in winter. I am definitely going to return to either cross country ski or cycle in the spring/fall.

Great trail.

This was a great ride and a wonderful trail. Also some spots along it said it was equestrian, which I suggested an edit with. This is the third trail i've tried in the area and now my favorite.

Walked from Flos 7 to Phelpston. Trail is level and hard packed gravel, good for hiking and cycling. Lots of bugs. Church in Phelpston (St Patrick) is open in 2017 in the summer on the weekends, a lovely church. Pleasant trail with rural scenery.

A good challenge to complete in one day.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Hiked from Phelpston to Flos Road 7. Very pleasant hike. Straight and level so not a physical challenge but relaxing and very scenic.

Monday, June 27, 2016

I take the trail from Phelpston to Elmvale every once and a while, it is very nice, you pass a lot of farms and go through a lot of forest, there is grass growing in the middle of the path, While I was heading back I ran over either a Mississauga Rattlesnake or a Milksnake (I didn't see it until it was too late for the snake, it was a downpour)

Wednesday, October 19, 2016