McCrae Lake Conservation Trail

McCrae Lake Conservation Trail is a 9 mile loop trail located near Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round.

15 minutes ago

Many areas of the trail are flooded due to the rain and a few industrious beavers. Some trail signs are missing causing some confusion as to the trail route when going around the flooded areas. Overall a good trail saw moose track's and unfortunately deep ruts caused by a atv

I'll agree with some of the other comments the trail is confusing. first I went to what clearly looked to be a trail with the signs but that just takes you to the water.
The trail begins by the pavement on the road. So mc crae crae you made me crae crae today. but the views are worth it.

I 100% recommend this. Hike far enough to get to Georgian Bay. It is stunning.

We made it all the way to the end!! It was gorgeous! Best trail yet!!

Fantastic trail. A bit obscure with the signage. We couldn't find the parking lot (mostly because it's off the on ramp for the 400 and there was no signs telling us that's where it is) but we managed to access the trail from a snowmobile trail entrance. Beautiful scenery and breathtaking colours.

Beautiful waterfall at the end of the trails!

This trail is beautiful but the lack of signage made this trail a bit of a nightmare. We had NO clue where the yellow markers were taking us so we ended up turning back the way we came. If McCrae Conservation would like people to enjoy this trail I recommend putting a picture of the trail at the start with how many kms it is. If they don't want people to enjoy it keep it the way it is.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Mc cray cray make is awesome, keep it clean pls

Monday, May 23, 2016

Great views

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Awesome trail leads to a bluff you can climb if you have the proper gear and exp.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Was going to try this hike but was unable to find it. If it is somewhere around here there are no signs.