Mast Trail is a 5.1 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Toronto, Ontario, Canada that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.1 km Elevation Gain: 84 m Route Type: Loop

Rouge Valley , Louis Yeager PHONE: 905-713-6038

closed

Very nice trail! I enjoyed every moment. The only issue was the parking, as the parking was closed due to the COVID-19

WARNING This trail is covered with black legged ticks. I took my two dogs and they cane home infested with ticks! Be extremely careful on this trail and don't ever take dogs.

Great trail. Very dry as of May 5, 2020. Full trail was open.

There's a section near the river that's closed. Really nice trail, though a bit muddy.

icy

A part of the trail is closed. Ice and snow are melting thus muddy and slippery. Traction is a must.

icy

I went midday and there weren’t too many people around. Nice and easy with some minor elevation.

Great trail. My puppy enjoyed it!

it is an easy trail to navigate. very well used. Beautiful fall views of the trees. Nice changes in elevation.

closed

Warning: the part of the trail I am describing below was actually off-limits but signage was only one-way and I didn’t see until coming out of it. Good trail through forest but not much change in scenery. Some parts very steep may need some rest. Very shady throughout not much wind because of dense trees. Path is dirt, rocks and roots-wear comfortable shoes and bring water. As a new hiker and not an outdoorsy person I am wary of ticks and the part of the trail that follows the river along the southern half of the trail is full of tall grass and the trail goes through it all in a narrow path that is sometimes easily lost. I do not recommend doing that part of the loop. Just retrace the northern part of the trail, which has high traffic and wider paths.

Nice trail - lots of shade and beauty. Steep sections may be challenging for some people. The only reason for a 4-star is that it is poorly marked. We got lost but used the App for navigation. Some parts had a very narrow trail with extremely tall grass which made me nervous about ticks.

Got a bit lost but really great trail. Pretty steep in places... Lots of dogs along the way, great for our little guy

So my husband and I have never been here before and we got totally lost. Luckily we had the AllTrails app to guide us back. Unfortunately the map wasn’t updated and there were some parts that were eroded due to the river and new paths were created. You can see on my recording info the detours that we took! Would definitely do this trial again but we will keep a closer eye on our map. The trial where we where was very very steep at some parts and not safe for children. But again we took unconventional routes leading to us getting lost. Stunning Canadian forest.

We were away from track a couple of times, and ran into high grass until the human track nearly disappear . Scary and exciting experience to wonder if snake might show up . Thanks to this app to get us back to the track and arrive home safely.

Most of this Trail was easy, yes. But parts of it would be difficult for those that have a hard time with climbing or have bad knees. This trail is very serene. Now and then you’ll see other hikers so you know you’re still on the right trail as there are off shoots here and there. Using this app certainly helped me navigate through the trail. Make sure to be hydrated. I saw a deer grazing through towards the ravine for a drink of water; it was lovely to see.

This was a great trail! It’s very covered also a lot of bugs but still worth it! There are a lot of side trails that you can take to make this more of a moderate hike.

Great for training. Trails with uphill and downhill.

Sat May 18 2019