Marsh Boardwalk Trail is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Brighton, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 0 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

Note: beware that parts of the boardwalk may periodically be closed because of high water levels.

closed
flooded

My daughter and I went earlier this week and they have signs posted that parts are water damaged to stay off. We went ahead and walked as far as we could. Got about half way and had to turn back. Saw two swans with their babies, which was adorable, disappointed we couldn’t do the whole boardwalk but some was better than none.

Absolutely one of the best trials I’ve hiked with my kids. It’s early November, the sun was shining and the view was beautiful. Super easy trail though it would be tougher in a wheelchair or using walking devices as a couple of areas have tilted into the marsh and one area completely has a broken “spine”. I will walk this trail multiple time all year going forward, I loved it that much.

As of Aug 25 2019 this trail was closed ubtil further notice due to high water levels

Fri Apr 26 2019

This is a short but beautiful nature walk. I went the last week of April and didn’t see another soul on the path. 3/4 boardwalk, the rest forest floor. Almost all the trail is over a beautiful marsh with so many birds. Great little plaques that tell you all about the marsh and its wildlife. Two raised observation decks and a little picnic area in the middle. Part of a provincial park so there is a fee to enter for day use. The forest section was incredibly enchanted. It was so good, I looped around a second time!! Overall great park!

One of the easier hikes in the park, this boardwalk allows anyone to access the beautiful marsh and the wildlife that lives there.

Sun Mar 05 2017

Great marsh board walk trail. Even in the off season there are birds about. Nice and flat so accessible to all. The latter half of the trail is through some woods with funky, twisty trunks.

Fri May 17 2019