Loree Forest Loop

Loree Forest Loop is a 5.3 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Collingwood, Ontario, Canada that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

5.3 km
127 m

Bruce Trail Conservancy , Beth Kummling PHONE: 1-800-665-4453

The map portrayed here is not accurate and the signage on the actual trail is some of the worst I've ever seen.

We climbed the path going straight up the hill until it ended and we were forced to go right or left. At this point there is no clear signage. We went right which meant that we did a loop with no views of the water. After returning from the hike, I found a map which showed that left would have meant we took another short straight trail (that would have required us to double back) presumably to the lookout over the water. There is a more accurate map of the "loop" on one of the Georgian Bay tourism sites.

The path until we started the loop was nice and wide. Very pleasant to walk on and completely shady in the forest. It could accommodate a jogging stroller.

However when we made the right turn the path started to get super narrow and wind through fields. Everything was still fairly okay until we reached the part of the trail where there was a large sign warning of poison ivy and there was literally poison ivy everywhere. Not one or two plants - but hundreds for a quite a length. The path turned rocky and winding. Definitely not good for a jogging stroller or small children.

I found it unpleasant even for an adult person as the path in the loop was very narrow (i.e. hitting the branches/leaves of maple trees on either side of you) in several places which just made it uncomfortable. And again signage was none existant - one map in the loop but it didn't even tell you where you were on the trail (and it showed several). The bugs weren't bad and there was cell phone reception, but the forest wasn't all that nice to look at . There are better trails.

Great trail. Completed entire loop with my two children. Will be making this one of our regular hikes.

Just back from hiking this under the full moon light. Didn’t see much except all the stars and full moon. The view from the lookout is probably amazing during the day. LOL My two friends and I hiked the first half by moonlight and after awhile we used our flashlights. If anyone finds a red tac light flashlight near the end of the trail it is mine. We used multiple tac lights to view all the beautiful deer feeding in the fields on both sides of the trail near the end. What an experience!!

Some spots a little icy with the thaw but it's a nice hike. We went mid afternoon and only passed 2 other couples while doing the loop.

Perfect trail for a relaxing hike!

One of my favourite trails! I take my dog out..she loves it! Great exercise for both of us...and once at the top the view is pretty amazing of Georgian bay!

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Flat, very easy to keep a good pace and some great views!

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Pretty cool from what I remember (we went 2 years ago). I thought the climb down was neat with a stream at the bottom and some rope to hold onto. not extremely technical, but watch your step. the climb back up was good...not overly exhausting.

very nice view with a bench at the top.

after that I found the trail to be fairly straight forward and flat as you are top of the mountain without a view.

worth exploring.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Fun little loop. Easy to Moderate difficulty. Great views of Georgian Bay from top of the peaks ski club

Sunday, August 06, 2017