Lake Laurentian Loop

Lake Laurentian Loop is a 9.2 kilometer loop trail located near Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and snowshoeing.

9.2 km
257 m

I spend alot of time here and in all seasons. It is the perfect place to feel like you're in the forest while still being, pretty much, in the middle of the city.

My girlfriend, her son and I did the yellow loop 1 with scenic lookouts. Quick two hour hike with lots of climbing. Perfect activity before Thanksgiving dinner

Will be doing this trail a few more times before winter.

There are washed out sections thanks to a rainy summer however, this is still a great trail close to the urban centre and I highly recommend it.

lots of rock and water. I loved it. be ready for lots of hills. it was more climbing than my friends expected.

Little muddy on the east side but still otherwise awesome as usual!
Careful on some of the boards - I've had them break on me before :S

it's like a new trail everytime

Couldn't believe that such a nice trail could exist so close to town in Sudbury! Very rocky, but beautiful views sprinkled throughout, particularly at KMs ~7. Not overly crowded. Boardwalks were well maintained.

I did the loop april 8th and would recommend everyone to bring rubber boots as part of the trail is under water this time of year.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

this trail is great for hiking, biking and snowshoeing

Monday, August 29, 2016

Love this trail. Lots of components. Rocky areas, wooded area and nice Boardwalk. Wear good shoes if doing the whole 10 km loop. Bring lots of water. Bring a camera.

Saturday, June 22, 2013