La Cloche Silhouette Trail

La Cloche Silhouette Trail is a 76.9 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Killarney, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

76.9 km
1951 m

paddle sports

With a friend, hiked the loop clockwise. 5 nights/6 days. Our first big hike. Was tough. Many steep climbs. Rewarding views. Wonderful campsites. Saw very few people along west part and top. More traffic along east side..Amazing hike! Not sure about rating as moderate. When compared to moderate sections of other trails (eg Bruce Trail), I think this Killarney Hike may be difficult.

This trail is Amazing. I hiked this trail solo in August 2014. I recommend going counter clockwise by yourself, it was nice to talk to one or two people a day and people coming clockwise often said I was the first person they had seen all trip. I heard rumors of potentially getting lost on the ridges, but I found the rock cairns easy to see, as long as you’re observant. My favorite campsite was H35. Saw two bears and plenty of deer. A moose visited my campsite in the morning at H32. I’m returning to the trail this summer!!

Mountains in Ontario! Ive walked this trail twice and although tough the views and pristine waters are unparalleled. Must do!

Attempted in Jan 2018. Covered 18km in the first day. Beautiful winter scenery and just the right amount of trail difficulty for someone used to trekking and climbing in the Rockies. Only regret was not taking enough photos!

Encountered an unexpected severe drop in temperatures. Forecast had called for -18C as the overnight low, but a high pressure system blew away the anticipated snow clouds and dropped temps to below -30C. We were not ready for that extreme level of cold and bailed the next day. Can’t wait to gear up and try this out again someday, but maybe not in January.

Hiked solo counterclockwise in 3 nights. Wouldn't recommend this approach, but (obviously) doable. Many spots where I had to search for trail markings, particularly in areas where trees are less dense, but I always found the trail (wouldn't recommend hiking at night, for this reason). All in all, beautiful views and some amazing camp sites.

Beautiful challenging trail. Did it solo in 8 days which was perfect. All the camping sites were good and mostly isolated. Met few hikers on trail except for the day hike spots (Silver Creek and the Carck). A must do for all backpacking amateurs!

Friday, March 24, 2017

Excellent trail! Hiked this one in July solo. Encountered very few other hikers other than in the day-hiking/canoe-in spots. Not recommended for beginners.

Friday, March 24, 2017

One of the best trails on the east coast. Phenomenal views.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The full hike is a loop, not p2p. I've done it twice and it's one of my favorites. Several great views from ridges every day. I've hiked all over the world and this is top notch. September is the best time to go, less bugs, cool nights, warm days.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Was an amazing trip, and took me 7 days to do it all. Be prepared for slippery muddy areas when it is wet, and for steep climbs. Definitely recommend if you're experienced, as it is a difficult hike.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Beautiful trail, but much of it was washed out and swampy (but still manageable). Completed in 5 days.
Many other hikers had difficulty sticking to their schedule and ended up poaching on other sites. This happened to myself on two of the nights, where we shared a site, and had to move to another site.

Overall, a great experience. Lots of fantastic views. Very little wildlife, surprisingly. We didn't see anything more than some bugs, squirrels and a snapping turtle.

I recommend this trail, but be prepared for steep climbs, and difficult terrain (especially when it rains)

Sunday, April 30, 2017