Kelso Conservation Trail

Kelso Conservation Trail is a 6.9 kilometer loop trail located near Milton, Ontario, Canada that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

6.9 km
92 m

We followed the directions for the trail head through this app and it took us to the summit entrance where there were lots of trail options. However, we wanted to be closer to Kelso Lake beach so we had to drive down to the other side of the conservation area. We parked and did the Escarpment Trail which ends in an impressive look out point. We did this hike with my 5.5 yo and our 2.5 yo in the hiker pack. The walk up the (ski) hill to the trail is pretty intense (especially with a 30lb toddler in a pack! bring water!) but the view is totally worth it. My 5 yo loved it, especially all the turkey vultures soaring so close. Great hiking day!

Trail mostly in the forrest, lots of black flies on a humid day. Otherwise, nice easy hike.

Pretty easy and simple hike but I was pleasantly surprised by the view once we got up the escarpment. Would definitely go back with a different friend or at a different time like fall or at sunset.

Beautiful views but wasn't challenging enough for me

Tons of great bike trails for all levels throughout the park.
Easy access and tons of parking!?

It is great app, but higher annual fee