Irwin Quarry and the Robert Side Trail

Irwin Quarry and the Robert Side Trail is a 3.4 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November.

3.4 km
81 m

Love all the trails in the silvercreek area. They are some of the best! They are Rocky and hilly but that's what makes them great.

Very rocky terrain, with some steep hills to climb. Definitely would suggest good foot wear and go on a day when the ground will be dry and solid. Also, make sure you pay attention to the blazers as there are some sudden turns and places where the trail veers off into two which can be confusing.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

there are some challenging bits on this trail over boulders and uphill. there are some adorable little babbling brooks peppered along the way. unfortunately the markers for the trails aren't very well marked. just who's idea was it to put a white marker on a birch tree? we got nice and lost, Blair Witch project style. managed to find our car before nightfall, though. success.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Friday, May 27, 2016

I also got terribly turned around in this area. The blazers aren't as well maintained as i have seen on other sections of the bruce trail, and with all the sidetrails around, it's incredibly easy to get make a wrong turn and end up on the wrong side of a trail.

But the scenery and vegetation is amazing, and there are certain challenging areas over boulders i found very fun. Now that I have learned my lesson in terms of the trail mish-mash, I will definitely be returning.

Monday, May 23, 2016

I couldn't find the trailhead to this one.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Love this area!! Good variety of trails, some challenging bits and the Creek is lovely.

Thursday, October 01, 2015

The trail was beautiful and very scenic, however, it's a bit tricky to navigate the trails. There are multiple trails that branch out of the main trail and it can be a little confusing. I got lost for about 20 mins, but luckily I had the AllTrails app running that got me back on the main trail. I wouldn't recommend young children to join in on this trail as there are some rough terrain areas. I brought my dog who is very young and can handle the trail with ease, but you should not bring an older dog. I definitely would do this trail again, now that I am experienced with it, but I would proceed with caution if this will be your first hike on the trail.