Ian Reid Side Trail and Bruce Trail Loop

Ian Reid Side Trail and Bruce Trail Loop is a 3.5 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Burlington, Ontario, Canada and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.5 km Elevation Gain: 98 m Route Type: Loop

great hike, starts out rock climbing then moving onto the ups & downs of the Bruce trail. families, dogs, and bikes are all found using the trail. downside; the map gets wonky near the top of Ian Reid's; there is no trail to go left on. instead of getting lost on a longer trail, we headed for the road and came back in on another side trail. that the nice part of good trails in the city, you can always access a road if need be.

What a fun and satisfying hike! My dog loved it too. Plenty of different trails to take other than the one recorded. Big parking lot with free parking, portable toilet and detailed trail map at trailhead. It was pretty confusing trying to navigate the trails though and would def recommend using the app to keep you on track. Also I found this hike quite difficult - contrary to the easy rating.

I just got back from Stowe VT mountain biking so I was up for the challenge to explore these trails on my bike. It was a little tricky navigating the trails from the maps at the parking lots. But, I managed to enjoy myself, not get lost and get back to City View Park before my daughter’s practice ended. Some of the bridges are raised up higher than I can hop up onto but, the trails are more for hiking than biking.

It's very pretty and makes for a nice short hike and worth the trip. 3 stars from me as I found for the first time being on the trail it can be a little confusing. There are 3 side trails that eventually meet up with the Bruce Trail and a number of other coloured trail markers. Might be helpful to take a pic of the maps at the lot when starting.

Sat Sep 22 2018

Thu May 24 2018

The best!

Wed May 09 2018

Great trail...especially for beginners and out-of-shape guys like me ☺️

Sun Apr 01 2018

Beautiful trail with an amazing view of the city. Really muddy right now so bring your boots :)

Mon Feb 26 2018

Took the dogs here for a hike today. Was gorgeous ! Didn’t see any wildlife, was not busy was pretty muddy though.

Sun Dec 03 2017

Beautiful trail - great view of the city from the top.

Mon Apr 10 2017

This is a great trail. Your see a lot of wildlife including snakes, salamanders, birds of prey and frogs. We found the abandoned car (with a tree growing through it). Our boys loved imagining how it got there and they loves the cliffs. Great day and we will definitely go again.

Tue Dec 20 2016

Beautiful

Sun Jul 31 2016

nice not too long good elevations if you take the longer loop

Wed May 18 2016

Great trail!

Wed Aug 19 2015

the best I've ever been on recommended