Humber Trails Loop

Humber Trails Loop is a 6.3 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near King, Ontario, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

6.3 km
77 m

bridge out

historic site

It was pretty but the trail is not well marked. I would not classify it as hard.

Horrible trail, not only is the bridge out at the beginning of the trail there really are no markings. We got lost, didn't know where the trail was and wasn't. We go hiking every weekend and this was such a disappointment.

We “hiked” this trail on February 18, and there was a good bit of snow on the ground on top of thick layers of ice. I use the word “hike” in quotes because it is basically a straight, flat path with a couple of places where you go uphill. I have no idea where they get off categorizing this trail as hard/black. It is moderate at best, even with a foot of snow on top of layers of ice!

Also, there are NO trail markings; I mean NONE! Zero, zilch, nada! It is not like they are not visible or hard to follow. THERE ARE NONE! So it is super easy to get turned around. We had to use the AllTrails map to make sure we didn’t go in endless circles around the mostly frozen creek. It is pretty in the winter and I’m assuming it is very pretty when the weather is warmer, but this isn’t hiking on a hard trail by any stretch of the imagination. It is a walk in the woods where you will get lost if you aren’t following GPS on a map! We finished the loop in a fraction of the average time it takes us to hike (we hike regularly but we are not professionals).

FYI, as of 2/18/18, the bridge at the beginning of the trail is out; it has partially collapsed into the creek below). But it felt solid enough so we just walked over it and we were fine as there was no other way apparent to us to cross the creek. I was shocked that there were no markings whatsoever and no maintenance of the trail. Too bad! Won’t “hike” this trail again.

Great trail with lots of side trails. That said, few to no markings so it was easy to get turned around.
If your using the AllTrails map it might not be up to date. Twice it lead us to a point where we'd have to cross the Humber Creek. The last one we crossed since it was getting late! Brrrrrrrrrrr.

The bridge at the beginning of the trail is out of commission, but sturdy enough to cross so keep that in mind.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

I have Been coming here since i was a little kid.
I would definitely recommend this trail to any one.