Holland Marsh Bird Watch

Holland Marsh Bird Watch is a 9.2 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bradford West Gwillimbury, Ontario, Canada that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January.

9.2 km
361 m

Not a bad first experience with this app! Trail not well travelled so it had a nice trail breaking serenity to it as I divined the route a bit. Trail isn’t always totally obvious but this app kept me on it at times I questioned it. Just on my way out as if it were a karmic gift for getting out hiking/snowshoeing by myself today I saw the biggest pileated woodpecker I might’ve ever seen. It was like a huge fat crow. Maybe pushing 50 to 60cm it seemed in body length. That alone was worth it! :) Recommended but careful if going soon - the honeycombed snow made footings on slants unreliable at times. Plus 3 today though! Can’t complain! :) Did the loop through the Marsh not just the board walk. Took a couple hours with some selfie and “snack” breaks! ;)

Great little gem of a trail for locals and visitors. Bird watching and board walk