High Lonesome Nature Reserve Loop

High Lonesome Nature Reserve Loop is a 4.0 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pakenham, Ontario, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

4 km
97 m

excellent trail for beginners to intermediates. there are some hills but nothing challenging for families with small kids. Those with tots may find it a bit more difficult. I only went during the winter and there was a fresh blanket of light fluffy snow. I was carrying my two year old in a child carrying backpack. by the end of the hour we were out there I was tired and legs were feeling quite jelly-ish. I highly recommend this trail. I will be back during all season.

This review is just about the portion of the reserve that my family did: white pine way.

My family didn't get a chance to walk the full white pine way trail (it was snowing too much!) but what we saw, we liked: a very clearly marked trail leading through mixed forest. The trail appears very lightly used in the winter - I'm sure we were the only ones who used it that day! That made for one problem - fairly deep snow on the trail as no one has walked on it to pack it down. This looks like a perfect place to try snowshoes.

Monday, July 04, 2016