Hickson Trail

Hickson Trail is a 20.4 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Woodstock, Ontario, Canada that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

20.4 km
242 m

Oxford County Trails Council 519-539-9800

Just an update on this beautiful trail . This trail is currently being completed from Breamar Road north to Hickson . It is being cleared this week and the bridge is scheduled to go in next week . I battled the trail one last time in it's overgrown / impassable state just for the challenge of it . I hope that opening it up doesn't cause this trail to loose it's quiet remoteness . It was nice eating lunch rations sitting on the huge bridge abutment listening to the babbling creek taking in the solitude . A wealth of thanks needs to go out to the volunteers who made this trail available to everyone ! Thanks !!!

It states on this record that Margaret Pye is the contact...that is me and I am not a contact for this record. I have never been a member ever. The phone number is not even associated with me.
I've tried for a long time to have this removed and I'm not having any luck. I only represent the following websites: Information Oxford (www.informationoxford.ca) and associated with County of Oxford (www.oxfordcounty.ca) and 211 Ontario (www.211ontario.ca).

Last time we were on this trail you couldn't get past Braemar Sideroad heading north to Hickson . I battled my way all the way to Hickson but it was a hard go even for a solder . Although the trail is not owned by adjacent properties they have taken over . One farmer even blasted one of the beautiful bridge abutments to smithereens . I made it but good luck . K

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Walked from the southern access point, icy but very refreshing. (1/12/17)Flat,clear very little grade, looking forward to the spring to walk it again with friends

Thursday, January 26, 2017