Hickson Trail

Hickson Trail is a 20.4 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Woodstock, Ontario, Canada that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

20.4 km
251 m

Oxford County Trails Council 519-539-9800

Nowhere to park, got yelled at by some gated communitycause apparently I was in their driveway / roadway? With a rusty old padlock and hinged gate across the way? no thanks. I'll stick to Roth

I walked the north end of the trail from Hickson to just past Braemar Sideroad on Victoria Day. It was a beautiful day and the trail is very accessible. The green of spring was refreshing. We found many lovely spring plants and flowers in full bloom...trilliums galore, jack-in-the-pulpit, ferns...This is a beautiful and peaceful trail and I can't wait to finish it!

Hickson trail is having their grand opening June 02 2018 . The trail has been completed from Woodstock to Hickson and is wonderful . Come for guided hikes and cake at the ribbon cutting ceremony . Please thank the volunteers and sponsors that made this possible . The event starts in the morning and is across from the township office in Hickson .

Read my blog post on thecaptainandhislady.com :)

Ran the trail from Woodstock to Hickson on Feb 25th. Most of the trail was clear but there were still some portions with deeper snow and water covered ice that required careful navigation.

Amazing job in opening up the north part of the trail!

Took the roads back on the return trip as the winds were picking up and the chance of tree limbs breaking down was starting to unnerve me.

This is one of the nicer trails in the area and on this particular day I didn’t see one other person.

It is now a finished trail that allows a person to hike or bike to Woodstock.
There is one thing in the description of the trail that is incorrect. HORSES ARE NOT ALLOWED on the trail.

Just an update on this beautiful trail . This trail is currently being completed from Breamar Road north to Hickson . It is being cleared this week and the bridge is scheduled to go in next week . I battled the trail one last time in it's overgrown / impassable state just for the challenge of it . I hope that opening it up doesn't cause this trail to loose it's quiet remoteness . It was nice eating lunch rations sitting on the huge bridge abutment listening to the babbling creek taking in the solitude . A wealth of thanks needs to go out to the volunteers who made this trail available to everyone ! Thanks !!!

It states on this record that Margaret Pye is the contact...that is me and I am not a contact for this record. I have never been a member ever. The phone number is not even associated with me.
I've tried for a long time to have this removed and I'm not having any luck. I only represent the following websites: Information Oxford (www.informationoxford.ca) and associated with County of Oxford (www.oxfordcounty.ca) and 211 Ontario (www.211ontario.ca).

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Last time we were on this trail you couldn't get past Braemar Sideroad heading north to Hickson . I battled my way all the way to Hickson but it was a hard go even for a solder . Although the trail is not owned by adjacent properties they have taken over . One farmer even blasted one of the beautiful bridge abutments to smithereens . I made it but good luck . K

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Walked from the southern access point, icy but very refreshing. (1/12/17)Flat,clear very little grade, looking forward to the spring to walk it again with friends

Thursday, January 26, 2017