Hawk's Ridge Trail is a 5.1 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Marathon, Ontario, Canada that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.1 km Elevation Gain: 146 m Route Type: Out & Back

Took both my dogs up this...enjoyed it...approx two hours round trip (from peninsula road) taking our time, was muddy in places...can’t stop for too long or you will become a bug buffet.

I hike this trail often with my dog. This trail offers ease of access and is an excellent beginners trail with a spectacular view. As often as I’ve walked the Hawkes Ridge Trail, it never seems to get old. Things to remember; 1. Definitely bring a camera. 2. You may want to consider water/mud resistant footwear as there are two areas that can be a little muddy. No big deal if you forget, you can easily go around.

I hike, run, bike and snowshoe this trail often. This is a great trail, well maintained and marked. Has an elevation gain of about 110m. A few Muddy spots near the beginning so I wear my older trail shoes. Bike is slower as there are quite a few technical parts and a couple steep inclines. In the winter the trail gets packed quickly and you only really need snowshoes after a good snowfall. There is a path to the left of the ridge that will give you another 5k and take you to Penn Lake but it isn’t marked well.

Sunday, May 06, 2018