Learn more

Harold Town MTB Trails is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Otonabee-South Monaghan, Ontario, Canada that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is best used from April until October.

Length 3.6 mi Elevation gain 479 ft Route type Loop

Photos (46)
Recordings (50)
Completed (74)
Tanya P
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 21, 2020
Mountain biking

I absolutely love this trail! LOVE!

Deb Keay
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 6, 2020
View Deb's Recording
Savannah Baldwin
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 7, 2020
Hiking

This was a hot trail! We believe we followed the orange markers which might be the current mountain bike trail. There was some fun little sight seeing items like a wood house starting and gnomes. The different trees and ecosystems are nice to see as you pass so many in a short time

View Savannah's Recording
Whitney Nerad
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 13, 2020
Hiking

The trail was great eventhough I kind of made my own, it's easy to get back on the main trail. I took my reactive dog, and there's so much space I didn't even meet any other dogs, it was amazing!

View Whitney's Recording
Mike Billyack
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 28, 2020
Hiking

Amazing and diverse group of trails. You can do different routes each time and choose the level of difficulty you want. Awesome surroundings.

View Mike's Recording
Jeremy Pajot
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 9, 2020
Mountain biking

my favorite place! screaming trees is fun and fast. could use bigger features.

steph nadeau
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 4, 2020
Hiking

went on kessel run, pretty simple and easy walk, but fun!

View steph's Recording
Yvonne Rees
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 26, 2020
Muddy
View Yvonne's Recording
Halez Balez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 11, 2020
HikingMuddy

Trail was great. I got a little turned around again! Thank goodness for this map! This is an AMAZING SPOT, to take dogs of all sizes for a hike.

Halez Balez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 7, 2020
HikingFloodedMuddyOff trailOver grownRocky

I had the best time with this one, we went off the beaten path a bit or on an old path. I took my shoes off and went through a lot of big muddy puddles. The dog was happy, I was happy, but probably don’t follow the path we took unless that’s what your looking for. Puddles we’re shin deep. (The path nearest the marsh areas and where we went off course)

Halez Balez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 6, 2020
Hiking

Same as last time but more sun!! :)

Halez Balez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 5, 2020
HikingMuddyRocky

I walked with my Yorkshire Terrier (Sophie) and I’m so not good with directions! Thank goodness for this app. Everywhere we went I went wearing running shoes. The mud wasn’t too bad for us because I didn’t care about my shoes. Even the difficult trails were easy for someone who only hikes like 10x a year. We had a lot of fun today and although there were a lot of cars in the lot we only saw one family! There are a lot of trails and we didn’t get to because as I said I’m not good with directions and kept getting turned around, but we can’t wait to do it again. (We=Sophie and I)

hbickle86 .
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 29, 2020
HikingFloodedIcyMuddyWashed out
View hbickle86's Recording
John King
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 2, 2019
Hiking

If wasn’t for app there’s quite a few places to get off trail

View John's Recording
Janelle Kelcey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 13, 2019
HikingBugs

The main trail up the hill is closed for repairs, they've created a great alternate that zigzags up instead. You can still reach the viewpoint at the top of the hill with the alternate trail. Shady areas are buggy, a few areas on the main loop are overgrown but the trail is still easy to follow.

View Janelle's Recording
Ryan Paquette
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 21, 2019

Trails in good shape.

View Ryan's Recording
Joseph Peter McNamara
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 5, 2019
View Joseph Peter's Recording
Janelle Kelcey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 25, 2019
HikingMuddy

The east half of the main trail (uphill) is currently in great condition. All single track off-trails are currently closed because of springtime mud, as expected. The west half of the main loop (downhill) is fairly muddy right now so be sure to wear proper foorwear.

View Janelle's Recording
Elsbeth Tate
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 24, 2019
View Elsbeth's Recording
Alli Ross
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 12, 2019
Hiking

Loved it because you just can’t get lost lol. All the little trails are all connected and it’s impossible to get lost even if you go off exploring a little. Good for a quick hour or so and everything’s still a little muddy from Spring at the moment.

D. Northey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 3, 2019

Great hike! Beautiful views from the top of the hill and curvy trails through the forest. I will go again for sure.

K P
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 24, 2019

Loved this location! Terrain was mixed and the views were incredible! The only thing to watch out for when you're hiking are mountain bikers coming up or down the trail, which isn't much of a problem at all!