Hardy Lake Loop Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Muskoka Lakes, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.4 miles Elevation Gain: 748 feet Route Type: Loop

Nice trail, suggest doing it backwards (go left) At the beginning of the trail there were lots of bugs and muddy patches so make sure you have your bug spray and cover up. We followed the lake side trail and it was great. Not many bugs and the breeze was nice. Dog loved it too.

Amazing trail! Bring a bathing suit & towel for swimming in the summer!

My girlfriend and I have walked many trails in Michigan, Quebec and Ontario. Very scenic trails lots of beauty easy to walk a little tricky with marking nothing crazy. Down side was mosquito but that is expected at this of year. The trail is fantastic !!

Lovely hike! Few small sections of mud but totally worth it!

Good view but a bit muddy.

This trail is beautiful, and pretty easy terrain. Only downside to going at this time of year is the mosquitoes are HORRENDOUS. Lots of great spots to stop and swim on a hot day. I would highly recommend bringing a mosquitoe net or at the very least cover your head.

Great trail! Parts of the longer loop had some very muddy/wet spots. Be prepared to either try to figure out how to get around it or get wet. One spot is a relatively deep (enough to get up to your shins wet) stream of water with no real area to cross easily. Otherwise super nice trail with beautiful views of the lake. Definitely recommended

icy

Many patches of this trail are covered in glare ice. Proceed with caution if bringing young children, or others with poor balance.

Beautiful snowshoeing. Great natur.

Well marked and travelled trail. Can’t wait to come back in the summer.

Altered the route by taking the lake instead of the boring inland section. Very wintery day!

icy

Hiked on 29Dec. The eastern and southern side of the lake is fairly icy in places, ice cleats help! Some parts of the small loop were almost impassable. As others have said, a bridge about 2km west of the parking lot is down but passable. Otherwise, a really beautiful trail with some great views of the lake and also Lake Muskoka in the far north of the loop.

icy

Nice easy trail. Fairly busy on the weekend.

One of my favourite trails! I find it the most enjoyable in the winter months when it’s less busy and the hilly terrain keeps you warm on those super chilly days.

Very nice trial , nice views on the way and marked very well!

I did the 8km trail - I started at the end (by the big sign entrance) and I'm glad I did. 2-3km in there's a bit of what I'd say is a boring spot away from the water so I was happy to get that over with . You also avoid going up a steep hill afterwards by going backwards. Didn't see any people on the 8km trail but once it met up with the 3km trails I saw quite a bit of people. Very easy to follow trail, many markings. Easy walking, too. Dog-friendly.

Really nice trail! Fairly easy with a lot of nice views along the way. Sign early on had indicated the full loop was not possible as a bridge was out, but I went ahead anyway. The bridge was still intact, but one section had been closed off, although some long, strong boards were put in place of the damaged section. I was able to traverse the short damaged section with no problem at all, and in the worst case, it was not a dangerous situation at all. Trail is mostly very well marked with maps of the full trail and indications of where you were about every km. or less. Regular white blazers on trees also showed the route, and where another path went in a different direction, there would be 2 uneven blazers indicating a change of direction, similar to the Bruce Trail. However, there were a few spots where it was not marked so well. I did go off course 1 or 2 times, but only for a short distance. When I didn't see blazers for 20 or more m., I would check the AllTrails map, zoom in for accuracy and see I was off the path. I was there the Tuesday after the Thanksgiving weekend, and it was busier than what I had expected. However, most people hike the shorter loop, so fortunately I did have plenty of peace and quiet. Lots of chipmunks and red squirrels, so bring your nuts along, and also pack a lunch and enjoy sitting by the lake!

Did this trail yesterday on lovely fall day. Lake, fall colours beautiful. Not difficult.

Good trails and well marked. Nice combination of shoreline and forest.

Great trail! However, janky bridge (passable but definitely janky) also, remember bug spray. The bugs are no joke! Good luck. Bring a backup blood supply.

I did the full 8k loop. It was the Sunday of a long weekend so the area is busy but the longer loop still provided long periods of not running into anyone. Nice, varied terrain. Amazing glacial erratics.