Hamilton to Brantford Rail Trail

Hamilton to Brantford Rail Trail is a 34.8 kilometer point-to-point trail located near Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

34.8 km
403 m
Point to Point

I've been coming out to this trail for years. Great for easy walking or biking, very straight and flat. Gets quite busy at times, most cyclists are friendly and use their bells. Watch for horse poop - you will often see riders around the Copetown area!

Well maintained and scenic trail.
Left Hamilton at 6am and arrived near end in Brantford around 9am. Bring water and munchies as no facilities on route.

Good trail. Heavily populated. Other then that, a great ride. Well maintained and a beautiful landscape.

Great bike from Brantford to Hamilton, really well maintained and enjoyable views of wooded areas and farm land.

Amazing trail ..well maintained

Very enjoyable to cycle, especially on a hot sunny day!

We have leapfroged this trail many times . It has sufficient length for good backpacking . Very busy at the populated ends with people gaulking at us . I guess they have never seen backpackers before , we just smile and wave . The center sections are much less traveled and good distance can be made . I recommend keeping your head up for the fast and heavy bike traffic . Nicest section goes under the 403 along the creek . It used to be the T H & B railway till the river bank caved in at Cainsville , lots of history on this trip . K !!

great trail, super wide and well maintained. I love going for runs along here and every km is marked. I often see deer and it connects to the Dundas Valley Conservation area at about km 5 and theres a whole other network of trails.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Starting in Hamilton and cycling the trail is a solid workout. The first 15km felt like I was going uphill the entire time and this app confirms it. took about 75 minutes to complete the distance I travelled. Once I turned around and headed back it took less than HALF the time to return to my car. Definitely want to come back and complete the trail on bike.

It would make for a very easy (but long) walk.

Saturday, August 19, 2017