Haley Lake Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tweed, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length2.2 miElevation gain216 ftRoute typeOut & back
Dogs on leashHikingWalkingForestLakeBridge outWashed out
Description
Waypoints (0)

Well-groomed trail with a mix of incline and flat. Well marked with blue paint. Beware of ticks in the area and be sure to check yourself after your hike.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (29)
Photos (33)
Recordings (14)
Completed (82)
Vicky K
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 12, 2020
Hiking

Nice hike that isn't too hard but wasn't just a groomed trail. Nice view of the surrounding area. Definitely going again for the fall colors

John VANT ERVE
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 9, 2020

Great trail with some shield, beaver ponds, and a couple of lakes.

Carrie West
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 12, 2020
HikingBugs

Really great trail with a mix of incline and flat. Well marked with blue paint. The bugs were very bad, deerflies in particular. Not busy and didnt see anyone else on the trail.

View Carrie's Recording
Barbara Gautreau
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 5, 2020
Hiking

Great trailer. Well marked. Beautiful view. Totally enjoyed the hike.

Melissa Smith
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 22, 2020
HikingRocky

Amazing find! This was our first time to this CA. The new trail (2019) differs from the description here as it was recently updated according to QCA website. This beautiful granite and mixed forest trail has some good elevation, several lakes, and a few of great outlooks. I’d consider myself an armature day hiker and thought this to be a moderate hike. The map says 4.5km, but my Fitbit tracker almost 10000 steps and my husband just over, so not sure distance wise. The new trail is very well marked with blue markers on trees and the rocky earth. The old trail is clearly marked as closed so no confusion. We went midday around noon and when we arrived back at our car 2 hours later we were still the only car. It was incredibly beautiful with no city noise (like Potters Creek or H.R. Frink), at some points you can get 360 views with no sign of civilizations. Lots of comments about ticks, but we all made it out (2dog included) without a one, but we are also pretty tick aware. There’s a boat launch, a few picnic tables, and parking for about 15ish cars. Short drive from road but parking accessible. Good elevation in parts and various terrain-granite, grass, smaller rocks. We went in spring and my hubby wears runners, and came back with dry feet after a rain. Just a few spots muddy or wet. No scrambling or gear needed, but I found my poles helpful but I also have bad knees. Really great find, we will be back for sure!! #hikeon

Jadzia Porter
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 18, 2020
HikingBridge outMuddyWashed out
Phoenix Toomath
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarDecember 28, 2019
HikingIcyMuddy

Some icy and wet sections on our late December afternoon hike.

Ashley Zahreddine
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 23, 2019
BugsOver grown

BEWARE of the community of ticks that haunt this trail! I took my dog on this trail over the Easter weekend and found 12 ticks crawling on her fur during our long car ride home. There were a few ticks loosely roaming in the car too. We discovered some ticks attached to her the following morning as well. It is disappointing that the public notice at the head of the trail is not noticeable among the distracting fonts and messages on the park sign. I would advise against using this trail if you are hiking with children, if you are old or if you have a compromised immune system. *After looking into it, I discovered that this area is one of the Lyme Disease capitals of Ontario.

Terri D
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 5, 2018
Hiking

Half of loop closed and maintenance is not kept up on it -- the bridge at the end of loop near the Dark Sky Viewing (at Mellon Creek) has washed away or been removed and you will not be able to complete the loop (We did our hike in December mind you). Other than that great trail, fairly well marked.

Lisa S
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 26, 2018
Hiking

I have done this trail a dozen times this summer. This time I decided I would try it in cooler pre-winter temps and with a small amount of snow cover on the ground. Clearly the parking lot is not taken care of in the winter months so don't enter unless your car/truck is sure to pass through the snow and ice. As I am very familiar with this trail and it's layout I was able to navigate the entire trail. The bright blue markers on the trees were very helpful. It's somewhat of a challenge not having the marking on the ground rocks but not impossible. ( also made easier that I am familiar with the trail) I probably added about a half hour to my usual time, taking into consideration the ice and snow, watching my step on the descents,and wearing more clothes/gear than usual. I used my poles for the first time and they were a great help. I did have wet feet at the end of my hike but well worth it. Please don't let cooler temps and a little now stop you from enjoying this beautiful trail.

Amanda B
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 4, 2018

I was here in Feb and it turns out half of the loop was closed. There was a trail that continued on, but not sure how far. Nice hike. Park on the road in the winter if you drive a car!

Vhaira Astaroth
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 31, 2018
Hiking

A lot harder than I anticipated but quite beautiful.

Lisa S
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 31, 2018
Hiking

LOVED this hike. The bright blue trail markings made this 5 k hike so much easier. The views along the lake are impressive. There is a fabulous rock cut spot over looking the lake to stop, sit, and enjoy the quiet beauty. Once you get past the lake area the remainder of the trail is a series of small hill climbs, through very winding trails. Views of the area , some marshlands and forest. The trail is definitely moderate and was a great workout. Saw 1 deer, 1 snake and area was bug free today. Note. I initially turned into the Dark Sky observation lot. Not the conservation area. Watch the signs carefully. Can’t wait to go back when the leaves are changing UPDATE- Loved this trail so much I went back to try it again. This time I went counter clockwise from the parking lot which allowed me to end my hike with a extended picnic on the rocks over looking the lake. From there is was only 25 min back to the parking lot.

Stephen Mackie
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 6, 2018
Hiking

The Sheffield conservation area is a blue marked trail that doesn’t follow the all trails map except for the first km or so. Then the blue marked trail continues further west before looping back to the north through the wetlands. The trail is well marked with no more than 10metres between marks on trees, rocks or shrubs. It’s got a few great view points especially along Haley lake. Took about 75 minutes walking along with my dog.

Carrie Smith
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 27, 2018
Hiking

Area was good and the trail quite well marked. Although the map as found here is not consistent with the trail marks. I am wondering if the trail has been changed since this map was uploaded. I became confused and didn't end up doing the proper loop. I still managed a solid 5.6 km hike but I will be returning to do the proper loop. The part of the trail that I did do was really great also a nice boat launch available.

Richard Leger
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 10, 2018

Great trail...there's a nice spot halfway thru to stop on a rock and enjoy the view...

Amy Dillabough
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 20, 2018

I've gone here so many times and it always brings me peace. I love the views on top of the big rocks, the picnic area is great for gatherings and there's a boat launch/beach area that we always buzz around in. Love it. One of my favourites and so close to home!

Jason Brown
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 22, 2017

Great terrain, beautiful views, fairly lengthy for noobs.

Steve K.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 25, 2016
First to Review

Love it here. Nice trail. Not to hard. Some steeper areas but overall fairly easy.

Carrie West
View Carrie's Recording
Ron Tracy
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 6, 2020
View Ron's Recording
Nick Willar
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 3, 2020
View Nick's Recording
Aurelia Jas
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 2, 2020
View Aurelia's Recording
Amy Tennyson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 1, 2020
View Amy's Recording
Anna Palczynska
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 16, 2019
Steve K.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 23, 2018
View Steve's Recording