Greenwood Conservation Area Trail

Greenwood Conservation Area Trail is a 15.6 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ajax, Ontario, Canada that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

15.6 km
166 m

is under a lot of construction in that area

No matter the weather conditions, I love taking my husky out here for a hike. It is absolutely gorgeous all year around and everyone you meet is super friendly! There is also an off-leash section for dogs located at the north-west entrance. Dogs must otherwise be on leash through the forest - and the Town of Ajax has recently been visiting more often to enforce that rule.

We used to regularly take our pup here for daily hikes in the off-leash area. We love it because our husky needs intense running to get his fill of exercise. There is lots of space to run, socialize and different elevations. We don’t go as often as we used to, though, because some of the other dog owners don’t pick up after their dogs. Especially when the snow starts to thaw, it’s almost impossible to enjoy a hike without worrying about stepping in mushy dog poop.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

I love all these trails. I've hiked all of them many times and in many seasons. tee areas us naturally wooded and has many plants and wild flowers. Birds, too.
It is great for family outings. Dogs are supposed to be on leash in this area.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Main paved areas which branch off to other trails, just not very appealing to me compared to other wildlife trails or conservation areas I have visited.

Saturday, May 13, 2017