Greenwood Conservation Area Trail

Greenwood Conservation Area Trail is a 16.1 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ajax, Ontario, Canada that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

16.1 km
171 m

We used to regularly take our pup here for daily hikes in the off-leash area. We love it because our husky needs intense running to get his fill of exercise. There is lots of space to run, socialize and different elevations. We don’t go as often as we used to, though, because some of the other dog owners don’t pick up after their dogs. Especially when the snow starts to thaw, it’s almost impossible to enjoy a hike without worrying about stepping in mushy dog poop.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

I love all these trails. I've hiked all of them many times and in many seasons. tee areas us naturally wooded and has many plants and wild flowers. Birds, too.
It is great for family outings. Dogs are supposed to be on leash in this area.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Main paved areas which branch off to other trails, just not very appealing to me compared to other wildlife trails or conservation areas I have visited.

Sunday, February 19, 2017