Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started
Learn more

Granite Ridge Trail is a 1.6 mile loop trail located near Killarney, Ontario, Canada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and canoeing and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 164 feet Route Type: Loop

I hike quite a bit. The trail says easy, not an 'easy' trail. You will be climbing up and down the Canadian Shield. Many areas will be steep. This trail has absolutely stunning views, worth the hike up!

recorded Granite Ridge Trail

Such a beautiful trail! My favourite one in Killarney. Loved walking through the magical looking pine forest, looked like a fairy tale. And the views from the ridge were absolutely beautiful. We hiked it just after it rained and the colours of everything really popped! You get amazing lookout views for not too much effort, and I liked the forest scenery better than other trails in the area. Definitely recommend this one!

Great easy some difficulty in rocky areas. Would recommend

Great little trail, some beautiful lookout spots, lots of wild blueberries along the way!

A spectacular view for very little effort! Make sure you walk all around once you get to the top to get all the views.

I was really surprised at the beautiful views, especially overlooking the bay. Can be done pretty fast. A few rocky areas that could be challenging for anyone with mobility issues. Bugs aren’t as bad in the afternoon and in the open lookouts.

Great trail for the novice hiker. I went mid morning July, bugs were terrible I the forested parts but bug spray kept them at bay. Did the trail in just over an hour, with time spent at the beautiful scenic look out points

Great trail. Some nice wooded walks and rocky sections to climb. A nice view from the lookout. We saw grouse and raccoons on this trail.

Sat Jan 05 2019

Two or three beautiful look out spots. Our 6 and 8 yr old daughters hiked it with us. Went in January. Lots of hard pack snow made the hike possible with boots. Snow shoes not required. Took us 1.5 hrs.

Sun Oct 07 2018

Great trail for an easy day hike! did it in just over an hour and we took our time.

Wed Sep 12 2018

Quick, moderate hike. Great views. #FFR

Mon Sep 10 2018

The pictures don't do it justice ! The mountains are beautiful ! The trail is very well marked and maintained :)

Tue Sep 04 2018

I wouldn't describe this trail as easy overall. There are easy sections, especially the beginning and the end, but some of the scrambling around rocks near the top was a bit challenging. Nothing too tough, but I would rank part of the trail moderate for sure. Beautiful vistas from the top. We loved the view of Georgian Bay and the islands.

Mon Jul 16 2018

Easy trail even for kids. Great views

Wed Jul 04 2018

Too buggy

Sun Jun 17 2018

Beautiful look outs, after a moderate hike.

Wed Nov 08 2017

Very nice trail! Takes about an hour to do and there's a nice old car in the woods about 10mins into the hike. Pretty cool to see:) Beautiful views especially if you explore abit off track !

Sun Sep 17 2017

Quick little jaunt with great views of both the bay and la cloche.

Fri Sep 01 2017

Beautiful views !

Mon Jul 10 2017

muddy and soft in some spots when you start off but nothing you cant walk around. bugs are a pain in the butt when the wind dies down, LOTS of mosquitos. and the blueberries are starting to come out!

Thu Jun 01 2017

was still a little muddy at some parts! but a great trail! Bring bug spray though if you go without wind! they're out like crazy !!

Wed Oct 12 2016

very nice trail. Worth to go with little kids. Many nice pictures for memory.

Wed Sep 07 2016

Amazing view once you reach the top. I would recommend doing this one first before others. Seeing the others takes away the wow factor. Still a gorgeous trail.

Wed Sep 07 2016

Good hike, the old car was cool. Views of the la cloche range from the top.

Thu Jul 16 2015

We did not choose a good time to hike this trail. For the first 10 minutes of walking, the trail was very muddy and had at least 4 or 5 huge puddles that we had to go around. The mosquito situation was also a little difficult to handle (I never use bug spray and I usually do just fine without it, but that time I really wish I had some!) I have to say, though, that the view of La Cloche mountain range from the top of the hill was so exquisite it was all worth it. Definitely re-doing it at the end of summer.