Elmira Lions Lake Trail

Elmira Lions Lake Trail is a 7.1 kilometer loop trail located near Woolwich, Ontario, Canada that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

7.1 km
111 m

Really a 3-1/2 star.
Nice easy walk for sure. I was disappointed you couldn’t see more of the lake than is possible. However, most of the hike was delightful none-the-less. A few segments where you end up on a road and the trail marking is less than helpful.
Now that we’ve done it though, we’ll know what to expect.
Will we do it again? Absolutely.
Parking is sketchy where this app shows the start point. We decided to park in Floridale and enter there. Very happy we did.

Nice easy trail but wish it was closer to the water for nice views. Needs to be marked better when you end up on the road a few times to connect back to the trail.

Excellent trails. Some parts were very muddy. Beautiful views.

Nice place to walk. Snapped some great pictures along the way.

Beautiful

Snow was pretty deep, but amazing non the less!

The dam is currently closed so until May it isn't really a loop. The trail does have muddy sections (20 ft lengths, 4 inches deep or so) the day after rain.

But that being said it is a well maintained trail running along the edges of farm land, residential spaces, light industrial and a lake. Easy walk.

Easy loop trail great for walking or running.

I went for a leisurely run, starting at the 2.5km mark (that's where my GPS brought me). The first few kilometers were very nice and well marked. You can tell the trail is well cared for.

Unfortunately, some parts of the trail seem to go through residential backyards, an industrial area, and a maple syrup farm. I was constantly questioning if I was still on the trail. There is also a fork in the trail (if you are heading counter-clockwise) with no markers pointing you to the correct route. I chose wrong... stay left.

It might be a better experience the second time around now that I know the route, but it's nothing spectacular. Great for beginners, I suppose.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Flat easy for walking or running, and well marked.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Stunning. Can't wait to go back in a month to see how the new season will have changed the views!

Monday, February 20, 2017

Quite trail with nice scenery I will definitely hike it again

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Very nice trail . About half way ,there is a little town called Floradale . There is a wonderful place to eat on the main street . All the people up here seem very friendly . Beware of dogs on the road section of this trail . Cheers . K

Friday, August 05, 2016

Beautiful trail, loved it

Monday, May 23, 2016

Helmets save lives...

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Didn't know what to expect from this trail. Once we started it we didn't want it to end. Beautifully groomed path! So quiet and peaceful, it was real nice.

Saturday, June 24, 2017