Dundas Valley Trail

Dundas Valley Trail is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hamilton, Ontario, Canada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.9 miles Elevation Gain: 646 feet Route Type: Loop

fee

Imm m live this trail!! My objective it to cover all paths, almost there!!

Fantastic trail ! Wish there were more garbage cans around

The trail is long but not difficult at all. Lots of dogs and we even saw a horse. It took us three hours to complete the entire trail but could be done in shorter amount of time if you dont have a dog who likes to sniff around.

Loved hiking this trail and hope to do it again soon.

To get to the trail head you have to pay $10 to park, but they have a card reader if you don't have cash. The trail we took was a nice small foot path. It was muddy but was not as slippery as you would expect.

Great trail to hike or bike. It was raining but trail is still walkable and was only couple mud spots. Parked at the Dundas trail centre at $10 cost per vehicle.

Beautiful trail, great for active dogs. Hiked the main loop and really loved some of the ruins/heritage buildings and small waterfalls.

Great trail. Lots of side options. Lots of parking options. A few historic sites along the way. Only issue is all the horse poop on the trails. If I have to clean up after my dogs why don’t horse riders need to? It’s gross.

Excellent trail. Walk-in from parking lot was just under 1km to start of marked trail. Lots of ups & downs, flat ground, coverage and open air. Passed runners, hikers, bikes & horses on the trail. Beautiful scenery. Might want to watch the weather, some areas of the trail would be risky after a heavy rain. Local waterfalls not on trail, but less than a km from parking lot.

Awesome trail!

I would definitely recommend this trail for anyone who’s looking for a moderate level hike with some beautiful views of the water falls. We started at Webster’s Falls and hiked all the way to Tew’s Falls. Little muddy and definitely some rock climbing and hopping but the trails were well marked and easy to follow.

Loved the trail, well marked, also had plenty of side trails that all led back to the main trail.

Today I and my hubby have a such nice day, we saw a wildlife a couple hawks in the tree and we saw 2 deers

today I complete the trai and for my suprises I got to see wild animals deer and a couple of hawks between the trees so I was happy to see them in the woods condition were great no bugs ❤

Make sure you walk down to the bottom of the cascade. It’s the best view of the hike.

good trails with some nice small waterfalls.

Great hike. Highly recommend

I wouldn’t recommend this for road biking, the trail is far too loose and hilly for road bikes. My partner had a close call coming down a steep hill with loose gravel. Some parts of the trail are also challenging with rocks and roots for a road bike. We got a bit lost but did end up making some type of loop! Beautiful spot but use a mountain bike if you’re planning to cycle. Great workout! Nice and shady! Not too busy!

Fairly easy trail. Well marked. Used by walkers, bikers and horseback riders. Only negative is lots of horse droppings left on the path. Folks pick up after their dogs but this is not a requirement for horse manure. Why?

I loved this trail..I will surely go again and explore more.

My pup and I did a somewhat modified version of this loop today using the Spring Creek Trail as well..great hike with lots of hills. Quite busy in some spots but everyone is very friendly

Such a great day on the trail. Just enough hills And valleys and small waterfalls. Helpful staff too. We’ll be back.

Great trail with nice creeks

winter wonderland