Dundas Peak via Bruce Trail and BT Side Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(210)
Spencer Gorge Conservation Area

Dundas Peak via Bruce Trail and BT Side Trail is a 2.9 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Hamilton, Ontario, Canada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.9 km Elevation Gain: 71 m Route Type: Loop

fee

Part of the Spencer Gorge Conservation Area and maintained by the Hamilton Conservation Authority, Dundas Peak Trail is a popular trail through a forested area with waterfalls and beautiful views. The trailhead is at the end of Falls View Road off of Harvest Road. This trail offers two waterfalls, Tews Falls, and Webster's Falls, and a beautiful peak that looks out to Hamilton. The walk to Dundas peak is really beautiful through the forest. This is a busy hiking trail and the parking area is small. There is a $10 parking fee per vehicle and $5 entrance fee per person. On the weekends you may need to use the shuttle service.

We couldn’t get to part of the trail as it was marked off as private property. The waterfall was beautiful, but it was so crowded.

bridge out
closed

I went in late August early on a Friday morning and it wasn’t busy at all. The lookout my boyfriend and I had all to ourselves for 45 minutes. The trails are all really well maintained however many of the bridges and stairs were closed to get to the different waterfalls. Afraid to get ticketed for trespassing, we went around to see the falls where we had to walk along the road for a couple miles. Easy hike for families when the bridge is fixed and the trails aren’t closed off.

Nice easy hike, too much dog poop left on the path...

I agree with lots of other reviewers. An amazing spot and trail. To get there is a disaster in terms of having to wait for a shuttle (we waited 1 hour), the cost $15 for driver and $5 per person. Line was disorganized and they should split cash and debit lines. The portapotties were unbearable. Pee in the bush, it will save you from contacting something. Otherwise spectacular views.

The trail itself is 5*. However the ridiculous crowds and 30+ min wait to get a shuttle there at 11:30 on a Sunday morning was less than ideal. For the amount of money they're raking in, they should be able assess that good weather and full fall colours means crowds! And get more busses. Also the porta potties at the drop off point were DISGUSTING. Full to the brim and no toilet paper by noon. The views at the peak were spectacular and of you can at all avoid a weekend, I'd highly recommend!

Very easy but very busy. You have to park at Crystal lake conservation area and get a shuttle back.

Nice easy trail. At the same time, has an awesome view at the lookout. Especially with all the fall colors! I went there twice this year, once in the spring, which is when I realized that it would look beautiful in autumn... and... I was NOT disappointed. We got there close to sunset, which made the colors even more vibrant. Uploaded a few photos. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? Although it’s not comparable to the famous Rocky Mountains trails and such, but considering the effort needed vs the view you get, I would give it a 5-star!

private property

Parking lots were closed and on holiday schedule so we had to go park at the main conservation area for a fee and take the shuttle to the falls. Nice easy flat gravel trail but very busy on Thanksgiving, even starting from 9am. Fall colours are at about 80% and very pretty. Part of the trail between Tew’s Fall to Webster Falls is closed off and designated private property. Therefore we had to take the shuttle bus in between them, which added extra time otherwise we could have ended 30-45min earlier.

Easy hike. Although should have waited few days more to see full colors.

Easy trail nice for a short walk and nice view and pics

the trail was really fun it was short but sweet and the view was amazing when we got to the peak definitely great for families with little kids if you're looking to get real hiking experience this will not be it

This was a super easy hike coming from Alberta and always hiking in the mountains. My boyfriend and I ran this in and out, stopped for a few photo ops hanging off the cliffs and it was hot and sunny, but the shade and breeze made it a nice hike. I would also do sider this easy and not moderate compared to the other hikes we have completed already this summer. For anyone debating on doing this, it’s short and sweet and the views are pretty nice too!! Way to go Dundas/Hamilton for keeping so much green space!! Love all the trees. In a week or so, the colours will be EPIC!!

Beautiful trail with fall views. Little moderate trail. Hamilton city view at the peak of trail. Special fun with extended trail.

Great hike, need to take shuttle. Multiple sketchy ways to get to webster falls, but it was worth it. Make sure you pack snacks and ample water. Women should refrain from excessive make up as it may melt off from the heat. Have fun!

great scenery on this hike. definitely would come and see again.

This trail had some great views and awesome opportunities for pictures. The trails are pretty poorly marked so if you plan on taking it on make sure you take a look at the maps first.

This trail is great for families and beginners! Very easily done in running shoes, a short hike (the trails leading to other trails were blocked off). Arrived around 11AM on a Sunday, crowds weren’t too bad but picked up more just after 12PM noon. It rained 2 days prior but the paths weren’t muddy at all. Paid $20 total (includes parking, admission for 2 adults, and shuttle to the trail). Overall a great time, but I wouldn’t go again due to how short it was and how busy it got.

More of a walk than a hike.

This trail is dog friendly with great views! I had to pay 15$ to park (via all trails directions). I started the trail incorrectly 3 times ( it could be marked more clearly). The forest and falls were beautiful. I wish I could have explored more, but one of the paths were blocked off. The trail was fun, but I enjoyed water down tail to Smokey much more!!

Second time going to this place. It's beautiful as always, there are mosquitoes in some area, so beware. When I was there it was raining day before so it was a bit muddy but not too bad. I definitely recommend this!

Sun Apr 07 2019

Good for beginners. Walk 300m and you will see Tews fall. This is a small trail (2km) to dundas peak. Please make sure you park your car in parking area otherwise you may get a $60 ticket.

Mon Mar 25 2019

Sun Mar 17 2019

it was a great trail in the fall.

Sun Mar 17 2019

Beautiful as always

Mon Mar 04 2019

this trail is perfect when you want to go on a walk that is more than just a walk. There are several challenging areas, including some steep areas that can be tiring. My husband and I walk this trail a couple times a year and it is always beautiful. Also a great spot for professional photos (family, engagement)!