Copeland Forest Trail is a 9.5 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Martinville, Ontario, Canada that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

9.5 km
261 m

I love this trail. I’ve hiked this several times. Every time I go I find something different. If you go to the left there is a beautiful river. Go straight lovely streams. Great for dogs too.

Very nice hiking trails. I love narrow dirt trails rather then the wide open ones. This forest has a combination of trails with 1 wide one with many narrow off branches. The only part i didnt like was all the horse dung on the main trail. Why can't the riders just hand a crap catcher on the horse like they have in parades. I had to keep looking down more then up to avoid stepping in the giant mounds. There is hunting allowed here during hunting season. Near the end of our walk we started hearing rifle or shotgun reports.

A great one for a walk to tire out oneself and the dogs. Quite a bit of ground you can cover there. I even got a bit lost. Lots to explore and I spotted some awesome tree climbing and creek exploring opportunities for kiddos.

Loved it! Great trails which are clearly marked and easy to follow.

Trails was beautiful. Not too busy. Walked from hwy 93 and Ingram rd to horseshoe valley resort and back. Trail was flat. Lots of fresh water for the dog to swim in.

We went here on a weekday and we had the whole place all to ourselves. Awesome walk, quiet and it takes you right in the middle of the forest. Explored during the summer time so there were lots of horse flies, make sure to bring some bug spray. Only thing that freaked me out was when the trail to the 'open barrel' area started. Didn't want to be mistaken as an animal. Otherwise this trail is worth the drive and awesome to explore.

Today we went with our 3 dogs and had a great time, it was clean snow and clear markings of the trail.

A really great 2 hour walk with lots of beautiful natural features like downed trees. Lots of little creeks and ponds to poke with sticks! Lol. My daughter and I had a great time trying to guess the animal tracks! And inventing our own possible animal answers!! Lol. Definitely a nice winter hike! Agreed with another reviewer who said it’ll be amazing in spring. Will definitely be back!

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Liked it alot. So many trails to explore. Nice creeks that will be nice to chill by in the warm months.

Sunday, October 08, 2017

I really enjoy this place. it's changed alot over the years. now that it's more popular the trails are properly marked where as before you had to literally explore them all to build a mental map of the place.
It can be busy on weekends with the Citiots comming up here to escape Toronto and the GTA but overall it's a really nice place.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Trail had trash littered all over it.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Nice easy walk with Linda

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Nice trail!

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Great easy trail! Finding your way to the different parts of the trail were a bit challenging but it was good! Love this app!!

Sunday, November 06, 2016

I found out about this trail on AllTrails. It says that the trail is hard and is listed next to the centennial ridge trail in Algonquin park and sections of Bruce trail near to tobermory. I'm very well familiar with those trails as I've walked them many times. I was surprised to find there is another "hard" trail like those that are close to Toronto, so I drove all the way and basically wasted the entire day on the trail that is flat. This trail is perfect for dog walking, cross country skiing or mountain biking. But this is not a hiker's trail. There are way more rugged trails near Toronto than this. This trail is a joke. Also for a hiker it's very boring. It needs to be reclassified as easy.

Friday, October 07, 2016

Very nice trail. Difficult enough to be interesting. I had to really watch my step because some of the narrow parts drop off steeply at the sides. Lots of diverse geography. Really enjoyed hiking here. It is not clearly marked so I found the navigation hard.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Definitely a 5 star winter trail. We went straight instead of left and it's very peaceful as you move in deeper to the forest.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Amazing trail! Super beautiful this time of the year.