Centennial Ridges Trail

Centennial Ridges Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nipissing District, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is the hike that I compare all others to...difficult but several summit views of glorious lakes and fields and forests! Bring lots of water and snacks...will take several hours to complete!

This one works you! I did this solo on the first snow fall of the season in late October making for some very slippery sections. I did it in about 4 hours but it took everything out of me. In my opinion it has the best views in the park, so totally worth the effort.

Did the trail in the snow and it was a beautiful trail! Definitely one of the harder ones I've done so far. I would recommend this trail to anybody who is able to finish the whole 10km loop.

Awesome hike at the end of fall season!

hiked this trail October 15 2018. very challenging. felt like more than 10km. next time I will track with a GPS.

felt like more than 10km. good challenge

Took 3.5 hours with a few food stops. Trail was not too hard, a little wet in areas (it rained the day before). The blue trail markers sometimes are hard to follow so we had to back track 2 times. The views were nice, mostly mountain top and lakes. I recommend arriving early to get a good parking spot, and wearing good hiking shoes.

The view when you reach to the top is breathtaking. Must have a good shoes. Definitely coming back next fall early in the morning when sunrise strikes

Went today and the colors were fantastic... Went clockwise and the views were nicer on the east side as there are more trees and no lake.
Took us about 4h but we had plenty of little stops. Would say hike is moderate as there is not a lot elevation gain.

Gorgeous views. A bit challenging but totally worth it. Took about 3 hours with minimum stops just to enjoy the view.

I do enjoy this trail. However I find it a little boring in sections. About 4 hours at moderate speed. Lovely vistas about 1/2 way.
Good footwear is an absolute must in this trail as the rocks can be slippery. Do take plenty of water as well!
Know your limitations on this one as it can be lengthy.

Great trail for a day hike with beautiful scenery.
must have: good hiking boots, comfortable backpack, plenty of water and food. My hiking boots were good but not THAT good, near the end of the 10km my feet were a little tender.
I definitely recommend this trail as a Medium in difficulty.

This trail has beautiful look out spots.
The terrain is extremely difficult, lots of long, steep inclines. Bring lots of water and snacks. It took us a little over 4 hours to complete with few stops.

Awesome trail. I went with my parents (64years old) and it took us 6 hours to complete. The trail was slippy because of dramatic rainfall and we did stop and rest a lot.
My mom regretted the trail, I would do it again. Lovely views, it had all I wished for!

Amazing and beautiful views. The trail is well marked. It will be a challenging hike for some as you must go up and down hills. It's rewarding and would love to do it again in the fall.

Great hike, make sure to bring lots of water if done in the hotter months. Amazing views from the ridges. Would recommend doing the hike in the fall during the color change.

Awesome trail! So many beautiful viewpoints while hiking along the top of the ridges! Technical hike which makes it interesting and fun!

Super fun hike! I would consider it hard for only people who don’t hike often but if you like to hike a lot it’s more moderate then hard! If you don’t want to do the whole hike and just want to see the ridges do the hike backwards, you get to the lookout a lot faster (about 15mins) then going all the way around

Did the hike in 3 hours on a beautiful sunny day. Trail is well marked and well maintained. Nice views from the ridges. Needed definitely the bug spray in all areas except on exposed ridges.

Excellent look out stops, beautiful scenery for sure! Definitely whipped my legs into shape going up those hills. A bit buggy but honestly in June any trail is going to be buggy. It would be great for fall colours I'm sure!

Amazing trail. Likely the best marked hike south of Sault Ste Marie in Ontario. Lots of up and down for some very doable challenge with gorgeous ridge views, interesting lakes, and a variety of rock of forest. Trail in good condition with some muddy sections but not a real problem. highly recommended!

This trail is incredible. Definitely more difficult than regional trails like Track and Tower, but offers plenty of spots for views and rest breaks, if needed. I would also advise that hiking this trail should be done during weekdays in fall, for optimal fall foliage and fewer hikers. It is definitely a great hike to do with friends, and will help keep you in shape.

Holy crap! If you wanna get in shape real quick do this trail a couple times! Great hike, fantastic views, a little muddy in spots. Make use of those streams, especially during the final quarter and dip your hands and cool your head. The billboard at the beginning of the trail says 6 hours, I did it in just over 4.5. Bring lots of water, bug dope, and snacks for energy. Hiking 101. When you reach the sign after tying the loop, you get a sudden burst of energy. Harness it! Keep a cold beer in a cooler in your vehicle and enjoy it when you return. It’ll be the best dam drink you ever had!

Loved this trail. Because of the climbs, a little more challenging than some of the other trails I've done in Algonquin. Have been waiting all winter for access to this trail to open up again so I can do it again:) great views.

great Algonquin trail and well-marked!

One of my favourite Ontario trails!

Have done this trail many times. It’s my favourite trail closest to Toronto! Hiked it yesterday, road is closed during the winter so add 2km each way to your hike. The sign at the trailhead says the trail is 10km but every time I have done it my devices have shown around 13km. In the snow yesterday it was about 16.5 km and took us 6 hours. Winter hiking is not my thing, but the trail is still fantastic! Highly recommend!

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Finished the loop with 5 hours. Beautiful view made the whole hiking full of exciting. Very wet and uneven surface, rain boots or waterproof boots could be more helpful.

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

First half is best. Turn back at stop 5 for a good 2 hour hike. Took 4 hours to do the whole thing

Monday, October 09, 2017

We finished the trail in 4 hours including stopping for pictures and breaks. The view is stunning.