Cambridge to Paris Rail Trail

Cambridge to Paris Rail Trail is a 18.7 kilometer moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Cambridge, Ontario, Canada that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 18.7 km Elevation Gain: 352 m Route Type: Point to Point

partially paved

rails trails

historic site

Grand River Conservation Authority Admin PHONE: 866-900-4722

A safe, easy ride we were riding a hybrid and a mountain break. The trail is flat, fairly straight, with only some low grade hills and wide enough for easy passing. Sufficient parking on both ends and in Mortiston. Weekends can get busy in the summer so the earlier the better. Will definitely be back.

Decent trail but more difficult to follow than expected. We ended up cutting down through the community garden just after the school and turned back toward the park, but it was a nice, relaxing walk. Wouldn’t consider it a “hiking” trail. Good for younger kids as it’s flat with limited roots/ rocks on the path, plus it’s shaded. We didn’t wear bug spray but had no issue without it.

Started our season on this trail. We picked a very cold, extremely windy day but were sheltered through most of our ride. Great ride to start our season.

It was a good length and the trail was in good condition. We went in late morning and it was cool, comfortable. Might have been too warm later in the day. It had also rained on previous days so the ground was still damp and not too sandy or slippery gravel, which might be the case after a dry spell. I likely wouldn’t go again because it wasn’t super diverse in sights or terrain and it was pretty well traveled, suggesting later in the season it might be full of walker and joggers.

This is one of the first trails that we will hit in early spring on our Mtn Bikes. Not too challenging, it's a good wake up call for our inactive winter legs. We bike from Cambridge to Paris where there are many choices to grab lunch before heading back to Cambridge again. It can be quite busy with bikers, joggers & walkers all enjoying the trail.

Easy trail, best done on a bike. Lots of great scenery and old buildings along the way.

an amazing trail done it many times

Sunday, September 02, 2018

Great trail for an entire family to do. very flat, and lots of great scenery along the Grand River.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Great biking trail, although a little flat.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I hiked it found it kind of boring for hiking but would definitely bike it!

Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Love this trail. All year round. Remember to hug a tree !!!

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Flat trail that is good for running. On a nice day there is a lot of cyclists using the trail. The trail does run parallel to the road to a good part but you are down lower than the road so you feel like you are in the woods.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

A bit too much bike traffic to be a good hiking trail. Would definitely come back to bike though.

Monday, August 07, 2017

Nice trail. Lots of birds. Well maintained. I would have given it 4 stars except for a few detractors. 1) The constant din of traffic. 2) Its a very popular trail. I parked first thing in the morning and left around lunch. I had no trouble getting a parking spot but had I arrived any later I would have. When I went to collect my car, I saw all the spots were full and people were parking on the grass

Saturday, June 24, 2017

This trail is a ten out of ten . It has awe inspiring views of the river below , good shade in the summer , sparkling springs and enough distance for good backpacking or hiking . The only down sides are the land owners along the way are not friendly , a hunter was shot just off the trail ( by his own guys ) and the bicyclists think they own the trail . These bikes fly down the trail at reckless speeds and don't have bells to warn people or slower traffic , I've seen near misses more than once . Trail ten people zero ! Enjoy !!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

This is a rail trail and therefore wide and flat, with a fair amount of shade in the summer. It also continues on to Brantford.

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

great ride, easy flat gravel path.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Easy cycling with some good views of the Grand River

Sunday, June 14, 2015

flat trail that runs along the grand river. very easy terrain