Bruce's Mill Conservation Loop

Bruce's Mill Conservation Loop is a 1.9 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Whitchurch–Stouffville, Ontario, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.9 km Elevation Gain: 11 m Route Type: Loop

historic site

Note: Users have reported that this trail is currently closed for maintenance.

There is only one short trail here, the rest of the park seems to have things to try and make money such as tree top adventure and skate park. We were meet by a WILD TURKEY on the path. Be aware as they can be aggressive!

bridge out

Signs indicating trail is closed. Bridge is out, boardwalk broken and rotten. Real shame, I hope they fix it up.

I have been walking my dogs up here for almost 5yrs over that time they have added a golf range and resurfaced the lower car park, unfortunately the boarded trails are all broken and some very dangerous, nails and screws sticking up from busted boards, it's a real shame that other YR parks are very well looked after but this seems to be forgotten about.

Nice trail. Me and my friends love it.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The rain in the GTA has taken a toll on this lovely quick trail. Until next year Bruce's mill!

Saturday, September 26, 2015

We came here a couple of times before when the sap was running and our kids were litel. They have a "sugar bush" where kids can see how sap used to be harvested and reduced to syrup and how it's done now. There's also an all day pancakes breakfast. But be forewarned. It's not cheap! On this mid-week Sept day we arrived to find no one on duty and a sign asking us to leave the $13 dollars admission for two people. We ended up having to drive 30 minutes out of our way to get cash/change. The trails themselves are short, not well marked and are always within ear shot of heavy traffic. All in all a real disappointment. I feel I am done with paying to enter the GTA conservation areas. They all seem to be expensive, not particularly interesting or challenging and they all seem to feature traffic noise. This wasn't worth the drive or the money.

Saturday, July 21, 2018