Bruce Pit Dog Park is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 187 feet Route Type: Loop

Just a ride

flooded

Very rooty, a test of endurance

icy

I took my puppy on this trail. He didn’t last long because it was a cold day, but he loved playing with other dogs. I gave 4/5 stars because it was pretty crowded, and some dogs owners don’t pay attention to their dogs.

Great dog park but today was the busiest I have ever seen the park.

Bruce pit is a nice place to go for a walk with your dog. You can go socialize just like you can go in the woods for peace and quiet. However, I have seen and heard of people kick dogs, throw dogs, threaten other owners and for no reason other than dogs playing like dogs. It has gotten so bad that I have had to call the police because a man’s two dogs kept attacking a dog, and this man kept harassing the owner and even following him to his vehicle and threatening to follow him home to beat him to a pulp. It’s quite unfortunate that people behave like this when all we want is enjoy our time bonding with our dog.

We take our dog here at least once a week, it's great to get her energy out and is the perfect length for an evening walk. Also a pretty walk!

Sat Mar 23 2019

Nice variety of field and forest. Happy doggos.

Sat Sep 29 2018

There are outhouses right in front of the entrance... or there were. A large part of the park was demoed by an EF2 tornado Sept 21/18.

Fri Aug 17 2018

•There are no picnic tables. •No out houses. I was at the Bruce Pit dog park it is a spacious area the path is mainly flat and accessible for people with mobility issues. There is a nice, tall canopy forested area in the back on the right side many trees have space between them to let the air to flow making it comfortable walking your dogs and you too.

Wed May 16 2018

best place to bring our dog and have lots of fun!

Fri May 04 2018

Family favourite - great place to bring the dog.

Thu Mar 15 2018

j'adore y aller avec mon chien

Sat Oct 21 2017

Nice leisurely hike where one can see lots and lots of dogs! I’m not sure this is actually the Sarsparilla Trail though. On other maps it shows it as being next to Old Richmond Road, not here. You can even see it on the map board in the park.

Fri Jul 14 2017

Very nice, saw a black-crowned night-heron.

Sun Apr 23 2017

Very short but nice view at the small lake.

Fri Feb 10 2017

Great for off leash with your dog!

Sat Aug 13 2016

Great off leash dog park.

recorded Bruce Pit Dog Park