Booth's Rock Trail

Booth's Rock Trail is a 5.1 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Algonquin Highlands, Ontario, Canada that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and snowshoeing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

5.1 km
184 m

beach

can't believe I did this

Awesome views, great trail for all...

Beautiful views at the lookout at the top of the rock! Great variety in the trail terrain.

great view at the top looking over the lake given that you can find a spot amongst other hikers.

Great view of the lake from the lookout especially in the evening. There are a lot of stairs to walk down after the look out point, which ok but I rather be on the ground. For that reason I only give it 4 stars.

Nice trail!

Forest walk, rising steadily to cliff top view points. returning via a steep section of wooden stairs. Old railway section can be very wet and boggy.

Amazing view of Rock Lake. Very beautiful with fall colors. A little beach at the end.
Not too many mosquitoes in September compared with some other trails (for example Mizzy Lake!).
Easily accessible hike.

Amazing views of Rock Lake.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

We had an awesome time on this trail! Brought our 20 month old daughter with us in the hiking backpack! Incredible lookout :)

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Awesome views atop Rock Lake. Took my 10 year old son and myself just over two hours. Be prepared however. In June the mosquitoes inside the trail can be treacherous. Wear bug spray and bug net and you'll be fine. Worth the hike

Saturday, May 20, 2017

A must-do Trail in Algonquin with gorgeous elevated views of Rock Lake. The only downside is that it can get quite crowded on long spring and summer weekends.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Amazing trail, definitly to put in your list if you are in the Algonquin parc. The views are breathtaking with many places to stop to rest while enjoying the sight. The stairs are pretty cool also.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Great trail, even in the rain. Fantastic views of autumn colours and plenty of quirky mushrooms to see in the forest.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Worth it for sure! The stairs are super cool and the view of rock lake is fantastic!

Friday, September 23, 2016

This trail has it all. It has An amazing lookout (in our opinion one of the best in Algonquin). The way up is not so terrible, but it is a good workout so you need to be in relatively good shape (for example no major knee problems..). The way back is really nice and smooth, in a path along the lake. It took us less than two hours. Definitely recommend it!! We did track and tower afterwards and in comparison we liked booth's rock better.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Booth's Rock Trail is a 5.1 km loop trail that visits two lakes and a spectacular lookout, returning via an abandoned railway. You will find ruins of Booth Rock, the railway he built. You will need to be prepared to do some climbing, but its not a hard job to do

Monday, August 12, 2013

In order to update my hike I had to use a previously recorded trail by somebody to sync up. The overview states primarily used for snowshoeing. I find this to be an odd statement as I've hiked this trail many times since a child with my parents in the summer and there has always been many cars in the parking lot.

Booth's Rock is a trail in Algonquin Park that starts at Rock Lake. The trail has a definite path that has both rock, and root throughout. Both are excellent natural staircases to use as you climb to the peaks for a great look at the surroundings.