Black Creek Side Trail

Black Creek Side Trail is a 2.2 mile loop trail located near Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Bruce Trail Conservancy , Beth Kummling PHONE: 1-800-665-4453

It was a great trail. However it says that dogs can use it. At one section. there is a ladder and my dog does not climb ladders. She is 40 lbs and growing. I was very fortunate that there happened to be 2 young men that were at the ladder . They carried another dog up and then generously carried my dog up. If they were not there then my friend and I would have had to turn around and abort the hike. The cell phone service is very weak so it was difficult to follow the trail on my phone. I was lucky enough to be able to sing in and see for about 15 seconds to make sure we were on the right trails. This helped us along with two people we teamed up with to follow the trail without getting lost. I did enjoy it and will go back. I will only bring the dog if I bring someone to carry her up the ladder. It is a loop trail so we didn't have to go back down the ladder.

Great trail lots to see and explore

Tuesday, April 19, 2016