Black Creek Side Trail

Black Creek Side Trail is a 3.2 kilometer loop trail located near Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

3.2 km
57 m

Bruce Trail Conservancy , Beth Kummling PHONE: 1-800-665-4453

Great place for a quick hike! Please remind any yahoos you see to not climb over the fences to climb on the mill ruins. They are in danger of collapse due to irresponsible photo seekers.

Great trail and some shortcuts if you want to shorten it!!!!

I love going here. It’s close to Toronto.

Great hike, beautiful scenery and the caves are really fun and challenging!

Nice quick hike. I could always hear traffic and trains, so not recommended if you're looking for deep nature. But, lots of different terrains and I reckon caught the hight of the trillium bloom.

Head right at your first turn to hit more downhills and so you'll be climbing up the ladder at the hole in the wall

I loved it. Walked around for at least 2 hours. Would definitely recommend looking at the map in the parking lot before setting off. Only a few trees down after the storm. And the little cabe were very neat. Some parts in involved climbing up a incline, which was easy just not fully acceptable. You have to check out the water and runes. Best part its free!!

Great short hike within an hour of downtown Toronto. For the dog people, as pointed out by Gloria, the first of two ladders will be very challenging if not impossible for most dogs, even under perfect dry conditions. This is especially true of trying to go _down_ the ladders, so I highly recommend doing this loop in the counter-clockwise direction so you approach the ladders from the bottom. That being said, you have at least two other options. One is to fully skip this section by using the road (Fifth) to connect between the two closest access points. Unfortunately that would mean missing one of the most interesting sections of the hike though, so I would recommend at least approaching and evaluating. I was able to lift up my 100lb dog to roughly shoulder height in a section 20 steps(?) to the right of the ladder approach, very obvious place if you look around for 2 min, then there’s a narrow section that will bring you to the *2nd* ladder which is more like steps and should be easy for most dogs, where you will continue on the main trail. All in all, we’re talking about a 50 step detour with a single class 2 scramble move, but the surrounding terrain could be dicey if you don’t have experience and an under control dog. All in all, fun little hike, but just pay close attention to those details if with pooch.

Omg that was so fun! We went up this steep little hill into this cave like thing where we had to go up steps. It was fun and challenging! The terrain was so perfect too. Wide enough for 2 ppl. It had its muddy areas but then again it’s end of March still!

Great scenery

Awesome trail with diverse terrain, my dogs & I had a fantastic time. May not be suitable for all dogs.

Lovely walk, with nice mixed terrain. Ladders and crevices are neat, and some historical building remains. Lots of birds. We went on a beautiful Sunday morning at 9am and it was peaceful and quiet, but getting busy by about 11:15.

Very nice place for a hike Wonderful scenery and the rock formations are beautiful.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

It was a great trail. However it says that dogs can use it. At one section. there is a ladder and my dog does not climb ladders. She is 40 lbs and growing. I was very fortunate that there happened to be 2 young men that were at the ladder . They carried another dog up and then generously carried my dog up. If they were not there then my friend and I would have had to turn around and abort the hike. The cell phone service is very weak so it was difficult to follow the trail on my phone. I was lucky enough to be able to sing in and see for about 15 seconds to make sure we were on the right trails. This helped us along with two people we teamed up with to follow the trail without getting lost. I did enjoy it and will go back. I will only bring the dog if I bring someone to carry her up the ladder. It is a loop trail so we didn't have to go back down the ladder.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Great trail lots to see and explore

Wednesday, May 06, 2015