Bat Lake Trail

Bat Lake Trail is a 5.5 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nipissing District, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

5.5 km
228 m

Beautiful look out over the lake, different foliage and terrain throughout the walk.

Beautiful mix of scenery. I ran this trail with my dogs in the early spring, lots and lots of ice and where there wasn't ice the was mud, but that's when you get when you run in the woods in early spring! I would imagine this trail would have a lot of bugs once the ground thaws.. but this is one of my favourites so far:)

I almost die at this trail. In an early May’s night, I came to No.10 stick- that is, the bank of Bat lake. The lake is iced, so I don’t know the road is cross the lake or along the lake. I went cross the lake and finally lost the way. Luckily, I didn’t fall into ice lake. Thanks Load.

Hiked the trail in December with snowshoes (though they were not really needed). Nice variety of things to see from different forests, to ice formations, to scenic views.

We did this trail in the winter of 2017 (February) with our daughters 4 and 3, very scenic trail . Would definitely recommend hiking this loop in the winter weather

Nice little walk but a lot of Moskitos.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Great view and cool boardwalks. Took us 2.5 hours at a moderate pace and a few breaks for photos and sites.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Great trail. Lots of interesting features. Fine lookout. Not too long or difficult.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Love this trail. Perfect length, beautiful and diverse scenery.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

my favorite trail in algonquin park, different terrain and views on this trail

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Really cool hike! Changes in different terrain. Beautiful views. A nice lookout point from top of hill with look out below to bodies water and all that jazz.

Saturday, June 06, 2015

A great kid friendly trail. Do it three times a year in different seasons.

Monday, August 06, 2012

This was a very nice trail with a variety of scenery from creeks and ponds to outlooks.

Friday, December 30, 2016