Baird Trail - Valley Ridge Loop

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(9)
Lanark Highlands

Baird Trail - Valley Ridge Loop is a 1.8 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lanark Highlands, Ontario, Canada. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking, walking, and bird watching. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.8 km Elevation Gain: 61 m Route Type: Loop

Note: The bridge may be closed however the trail is still accessible.

They have torn out the bridge and created a gravel path to the side. I liked the boardwalk but it is nice to have it safely opened again. These trails are a nice mix of scenery and you do get variety between them. They are short and not too difficult but they are beautiful. I have seen deer a few times while walking with my dog. I wish the garbages were better monitored (or that trail users were more considerate). We cleared out 3 large bags of garbage that someone just dumped, ripped open. The garbages are frozen right now so people are leaving stuff on the ground, which is disappointing.

Nice short trail. However the bridge is closed so this required maneuvering around it

Fri May 24 2019

fun and easy little trails. did all three I about an hour. great scenery and lots of fun for photos.

Sun Jan 06 2019

Took the dogs for a hike, first time out for the pup at only 14 weeks. It was a great, well used, well marked easy enough trail, and really pretty in the snow. Will love to see it in the summer.

Sat Dec 29 2018

A nice loop off the main munro loop trail. Lots of pine planation trees but the varied and rocky ground, plus the board walks over the pond make it interesting. We saw a couple of dog walkers on the trail but otherwise we had it all to ourselves. I agree that the trail gets quite icy (same issue with the munro loop) but that didn't cause us too much problems. Combined with the munro loop you can wander for a good 50 minutes at "small child" speed. Just a note - the "map" here includes both the munro loop and the valley ridge portion.

Mon Feb 19 2018

Great little trail. Easy to find and ample parking. Trail is packed down and well used. I would caution anyone right now that the trail is pretty icy in places. Beautiful Red Pines, cute little boardwalk and lots of firs. Easy - any age could enjoy.

Sun Dec 24 2017

nice easy trail for the family. It does have some small hills throughout so if your only able to do flat trails, this one is not for you. I used snow shoes which had no problem on the hills, did not slip once and I was carrying my daughter on my back. It was easy to find as there us a large sign along the road. The parking lot was clear for my vehicle to enter. There was no one else in the trail so we had it to ourselves, although you can tell people were there using the trail due to the snow being flattened. The trails are easy to follow with colour coded markers along the way. I also had cell signal in case it was needed.

Sun Mar 03 2019