Alf Campbell Trail

Alf Campbell Trail is a 3.5 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near North Grenville, Ontario, Canada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.5 km Elevation Gain: 58 m Route Type: Loop

A flat trail that goes through lots of forest. Alf Campbell Loop passes over some forest roadways but is very quiet in the winter.

nice walk with the family. most of the walk for our 4 year old was on my shoulders but its a good trail

With the temperature around 6° C, The woods and the trail felt frosty. But the sun began coming through the clouds with blue sky, Making it a great day for walking.

Loved this trail. You do cross the street a couple of times which breaks the nature walk, but still very enjoyable. I was pleased that the trail was well marked as all the fallen leaves hid the walking path. That said, you can hear the traffic at times, so, I never felt concerned about becoming disoriented. There are many hidden roots because of the leaves, so, caution should be taken. My favourite trail at the Ferguson Forest Centre by far.

A great wee trail that is super easy to access.

Sun Jan 06 2019

My daughter, wife and I enjoyed a winter walk on the Alf Campbell trail. Even though it was a sunny-ish morning and the trail is right next to Kemptville we didn't encounter another person until the very end of the route. It is a very flat trail. There is lots of clear signage - almost too much signage! The trail crosses over a forest road and combines or crosses over various other trails (maple trail, link trail, settler trail) at a couple of points. But still it was pretty straight forward. The parts of the trail that are near the maple trail are near the road so you hear cars. But for most of the trail its just you and the forest. I like a bit more rocks and features on my trails which is why I only give 3 stars but if you just want a quiet walk this trail is great. One thing I was confused about: can this trail be used for cross country skiing? At a couple of points I saw cross country ski tracks but it wasn't well groomed. So I'm not sure. It would be nice if the people who maintained the trail clarified that.