Susie's Lake Loop is a 3.1 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Beechville, Nova Scotia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.1 km Elevation Gain: 65 m Route Type: Loop

Susie's Lake Loop is one of a number of trails in the Blue Mountain Birch Cove Wilderness Area, near Halifax, Nova Scotia, offering views of Susie's Lake.This loop begins behind the Kent Building Store off of Chain Lake Drive, and winds through the woods to a main look-off point, before looping back to the trailhead. The trail is not marked, and features numerous offshoots and side paths, as well as overgrown foliage, and some rocky areas. Parking Information: Parking is available at the small gravel lot to the far right of Kent Building Supplies off of Chain Lake Drive. It is recommended that visitors park here, out of the way of customers, and then walk to the trailhead, following straight along the side of the Kent back lot.

not very well marked. Did a bit of bushwacking to get back on trail but very clean and enjoyable

Nice trail! Would recommend a GPS esp. in the winter! Lots of little branch-offs that might confuse you...

icy

icy

Beautiful trail which takes you to the shore of Susies Lake. Several nice viewpoints of the lake.

The directions to the trailhead are fairly accurate. I parked in the gravel lot (there is a steep drop off in front of the lot) and then walked along the paved section of the Kent property that says Delivery Only (or something to that effect) back towards the tall propane tank. There was a pile of discarded sod that I had to go over to get to the trailhead, and I slipped on it, so beware, but it's pretty clear where the trail starts once you're here. The trail was great, beautiful fall colors and the views of the lake were awesome. Some spots are fairly steep and uneven, but it's a quick hike. Took me about an hour and I stopped a fair bit to take photos.

Arguably one of the best spots to watch the sunset in the HRM. I don’t know what happens to the sky above Susie’s lake, but it produces the craziest colours every time I’m there. Great short, moderate hike (you’ll be sweating!) with a nice little camping area, bonfire pit and great swimming! There are leaches. So try not to hangout on the rocks in the water!

Directions to the trail head is completely wrong on this app. Took me 45 min using other maps and asking around to find. The trail head is actually across a very busy street, behind the Kent Building Supply warehouse and is completely unmarked. Someone just happened to be coming out when I was looking for it. The hike itself is ok. Very few views, but very lovely lake none the less. My cellphone died during the hike so recording does not show how many times I had to backtrack because the trail itself is also poorly marked. It was ok, but would not recommend.

Watch out for leeches in the water.. they’re quite large! And the fire ants on the island. But love this hidden gem. Muddy trails.

Excellent trail for needing to get away from the city but not wanting to drive far. The foot path was fairly clear, but far from a gravel walking trail. Highly recommend bringing hiking boots, camera, and bug spray. I parked behind the staples and then proceeded down the small path that goes towards Kent. It bring you to the main entrance of this loop. It took me roughly 2hrs to complete but I was taking my time and enjoying the views.

Mon May 13 2019

We enjoyed taking our pup on this hike. It got confusing at multiple points as it’s not clearly marked and there are a lot of off shoot trails. The trail is not groomed either. If you’re up for some wilderness hiking (bring bug spray and waterproof hiking shoes) you’ll enjoy this loop and the views of the lake!

Sat Jan 19 2019

Trail head is a bit difficult to find. Definitely take ice grips if doing this in the winter as there are some dicey areas on the hike.

Sun Dec 09 2018

I did this counterclockwise. This was a perfect time of year. I wouldn't do this in the summer as the vegetation would be too closed in and I hate wearing bug sprays. I'd rate this as moderate with challenging spots of low difficult. A beauty of a high spot viewing the frozen lake. Had to rely on my map in many places.

Mon Nov 26 2018

Loved this. A bit hard to follow at times so had to rely on the map. But a great hike for me and the dog!

Sat Aug 25 2018

Entrance to trail hard to find behind Kent...Did trail counter clockwise. Fairly clear to follow at first once found...but then not easy due to tons of bunny trails until you get to lake where trail literally disappears...had to u-turn back. Will try doing again clockwise and hope be able to do full loop that way.