McNabs Island is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from April until October.
Awesome day trip!
know before you go!
1. you can only arrive here by boat. so plan ahead
2. bad back or weak ankles? maybe not ideal. there are several areas where you are walking on beach stones.
3. watch the weather! trails/paths flood easily. and if winds are too high, some boats won't take you.
4. the fort is nice but no reenactments like at the citadel.
5. overall it was a nice "walk in the woods and harbor view.