Long Lake Park Reserve Loop Trail

Long Lake Park Reserve Loop Trail is a 3.7 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

3.7 km
57 m

The Long Lake Park Reserve Loop is located in Long Lake Provincial Park, in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The trail loops through the park following along the banks of Witherod and Long Lakes. The trail begins on the flat gravel pathway from the Long Lake or Witherod Lake trail entrances. From here this loop then follows into the woods on a trail which can be difficult to find, the best entrance is to follow the map and take the trail down into the woods, into Long Lake at the fork. Alternatively the trail can be followed along the side of Witherod Lake, before moving into the woods along the mapped pathway to the left. Parking Information: Parking is available at the Long Lake parking lots off of Northwest Arm Drive, or at the entrance of the Witherod Lake trail, on the side of the road off of Northwest Arm Drive.

This is a nice trail that I can do quickly during my lunch break

You wrote a review for Long Lake Provincial Park 9 minutes ago
4.0 star rating 4/24/2018
Hi everyone,

Before I get to the review, I just wanted to direct you to my YouTube video of my experience here at Long Lake Provincial Park. Simply go to youtu.be/PxGNBHnov-I

It was a fun day, and it would be great to share my experience with you!

Long Lake Provincial Park is a short 10-15 minute drive from the city. Located near a subdivision, this is a popular spot to visit. Since this place is close to the city, they did make sure to ensure ample parking.

There are several trails from the parking lot (one goes right, and one goes left). We ended up going left during our trip. The paths are well maintained and follow the lake. I found as though the trail intersections could have been better labelled, as we had a bit of an issue finding the correct one back to the car.

You can access the lake in several different spots where you can swim if you'd like. The only ones in the lake when I was there were a couple of doggie friends!

There is no admission, and as far as I'm aware, no services - including no washrooms.

Trails are easy

Hope this was helpful, and I hope you check out the video to get a better sense of this park!

This Trail is part of the Long Lake Provincial Park, it is an upgraded trail for all users. As it is a provincial park dogs must be on leash and owners must cleanup after their dogs.

Snow packed today which made it a bit more difficult. Will definitely try again in better walking conditions

Nice trail system and that has crushed gravel, good for running with several small hills. Close to the road so you hear a lot of traffic, also a lot of dog droppings..

Great walk with the dogs :)

Good park. We liked that there was a mixture of hills and flat grounds. Good for a challenge. We loved the tall trees and cute little flowers. The Lake was very calm and peaceful. Easy to get to as well. However, the bathroom was horrifying.

Monday, February 04, 2013

Nice walk through the woods and near the lake but way too many dogs and their "droppings". Not all owners pick up after their dog and ruins it for everyone else. Won't walk that trail with my kids again! :(

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Probably the most popular spot in the city to walk the dog, but a great place for anyone to go on a small adventure.

Thursday, May 04, 2017